Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the kids stuff on Friday and realised i had enough stuff to have a yard sale! So wish me luck I am doing it tomorrow. I want to get rid of lots so i can declutter and have more room in this house. I have kids clothes, a batman powerwheels car, baby swing, car seat, walker, kick and play baby gym, an ottoman set and on and on. I hope i sell at least some of this stuff. Wish me luck! I am going to price low, so i hope it sells!:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
good luck. We hit a few garage sales today. I was keeping an eye out for a stroller for the baby. I figured if I found one great, if not no biggie.
I spot one and we stop. I hop out and saw some lady was looking at it and walked away and started looking at other stuff. I looked around a bit and then asked the owner how much the stroller was. She tells me the price and I said...I'll take it. Suddenly, weirdo lady screams I'M BUYING IT! I thought omg she'll kill me for it. LOL I just walked away. I wish you could have heard this woman's shrieking yell. It was comical. I was bummed I didn't get the stroller, but I'll never forget this woman yelling like a madwoman.

ok now i have totally hijacked your thread. Sorry about that.

Hope you do great on your sale. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG!!! I can't imagine! I hope i don't have any shrieking weirdo's in my yard tomorrow!!! Yikes!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hey Sara you could have raced her to see who could whip out the cash faster!
Good luck on your sale! Baby stuff is supposed to do great on ebay but hopefully you wont have any left!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
How did you do? I hope you did great!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Wishing you a money making no wacko wierdos kind of sale day .:toothy:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Good luck Melissa, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope you make lots of $ and have a good time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Good luck! We were going to have ours this weekend, but rain was threatening, so we decided to postpone. I can't wait to hear how yours went!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just a quick update whlie dh is watching over the stuff...not a single person has stopped by or even looked twice....i am nearly ready to cry after 4 hours of this. I am so sad :sigh: :cry:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not a single person after 6 hours. not even a second glance from those passing in cars. I am so sad! :( I guess i will try it again next weekend. :cry: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :sigh:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wow!!! that is amazing! i can't believe no one stopped!!!! sorry......they must be weirdo's!!;) ;)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Wow, how strange.... Everyone does yard sales here ........
Come on Colorado, go to Mellisa'a yard sale !!!!!!:hocus:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
How strange that no one even stopped. I had my sale the first Thursday of April, and had at least 50 people stop before noon. I did place a small classified ad in the paper, and put up several signs in the neighborhood. Thursday always seems to be the best day for garage sales around here. Friday is not bad either.
Better luck next time!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts