Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mommas,

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me who is right or wrong. I guess I want to know that I'm not the only one, and everyone has faced this to a degree.

I have a beautiful 14month old baby girl, the sunshine of my life!

I live with her dad, my boyfriend. Some days we are so happy, but most days are a struggle.

He works from home and is a great dad. I have started my own job search looking for a remote opportunity too.

My days mostly revolve around looking after our baby. I don't do all chores every day, but I do house work during baby's naps

I go to bed at 12 pm most days, after loading the dishwasher and cleaning the kitchen.

I wake up when the baby wakes up which could range from 4am to 7am (when she was younger my sleep was more fragmented)

My boyfriend is upset that I don't stay up late to do work or my job search.

I manage all of those things in the day during her naps or the times he plays with her.

He is a nightowl but Im not anymore. And any task I undertake while she is asleep is with me glued to the baby cam.

He says I'm not doing enough and I'm not a good partner or a good mother for that matter.

I'm at a loss because it's a fight every few weeks.

Is anyone else facing the same problem?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to ear that. It's not uncommon. You can try Flylady Kat, look on youtube. It's a house keeping system that take care of everything around the house, it keep it to the minimum, but it still clean. You could print a list of what should be done from that system and put it in a transparent sheet and with a dry erase marker you check things off as you go. It give peace of mind that your base are covered. Stay home mom might be an option too. Because big part of your $ when you find a job will be on daycare anyway. You have to see what is important for your family.
You have to think about commitment with your BF, when you have long term plan, like marriage, the hiccups are easier to get through, because you focus on the big picture: the long term. With a child or more, it's tough and changes are permanent, there is no way back. And it's good, because it make us less selfish and we mature a way we would never have before. But baby grow and grow and they get easier to deal with overtime. Enjoy your mummy time with your baby, it's precious and healthier for the baby too, to be with her mom than with a stranger in daycare. My point of view.
Thanks so much for your response and practical advice.
I needed to hear this!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts