Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 57 and have suffered from frequent and sometimes severe headaches for years. Often so bad that I would have to leave work and go home which costs $$$$. Aspirin, Tylenol and any over the counter pain killers were often useless. I cant tell you how many times I have had to plan my activities around headaches. My chiropractor suggested that my headaches may be caused by my intake of dairy products. I have always enjoyed a glass of milk with Oreos, milk with breakfast cereal, or a peanut butter sandwich, or just milk by itself. I was drinking close to a gallon a week. So I went cold turkey on the milk and in a week I could tell a difference. I was no longer waking up with headaches or getting them during the day. I am now drinking milk once in a while but in very small amounts. Only about four ounces a day (enough for a bowl of cereal or a couple of cookies). Sometimes none. What a difference. If I do get a headache it will be very minor and will go away with just an Aspirin. I hope this may help some of you.

Mark

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You should read the China Study. A thirty year research study done on the affects of Animal protein on the human body. The first and foremost astounding revelation was the affects of Casein ( found in cows milk ). The affects are so clear and obvious to observe that even a drop of milk can have dramatic affects. I now regard milk as poison.

·
27,948 Posts
So glad you found something that helps you keep them at bay Mark. My hubby has never had a headache in his life, unbelievable. Lucky duck.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Glad you found relief. I have migraines (caused by numerous things)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Glad you found relief Mark and I will have to remember this so I can pass it onto others if they have chronic headaches. :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mark,

I am so glad you are feeling better, and found the cause. I had debilitating headaches, went in for an eye exam and long story was sent to a neurologist and all kinds of tests. I started researching, changed my career path, and found the cause as I could not accept the Dr. diagnosis of possible MS.

Every time I have M*S*G* ( sorry for the little stars....these are deliberate, ) or other preservatives I would be so sick for days and I mean possible hospitalization. I use no M*S*G ( and all of its cover and alias names if you need a list pm me), no more headaches. I can now dance and run 5 miles a day again, and have ran in marathons again this year.

Blessings to you for finding the cause , being proactive and taking your health back.

·
Registered
469 Posts
HappyMama, you're the first person I've ever "met" that has the same HORRIBLE reaction to MSG that I do. I literally get so sick that I have contemplated going to the ER room. It's just a horrendous food additive to people that are super sensitive to it. I have friends that get the "Chinese food headaches," but what I experience after an encounter with MSG is WAY beyond that. Once I finally realized how badly it was affecting my health, I've been ALMOST symptom free by staying totally away from it. Trouble is that they had that in places you'd never expect! I can hardly EVER go out to a restaurant, because even if they SAY it's not in there, some of the sauces and spices they use that come ready-made have it in there. Even the word MSG scares me! It represents at LEAST ten days of illness after I get a dose of it. For those with recurring headaches (and other symptoms), you might consider eliminating MSG from your diet (good to do that even if you don't; the stuff is nasty!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.