Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband runs his own part time machine shop out of our garage, he has been watching for a good deal on a welder on craigslist, found one he was really excited about a few towns over, was going to go pick it up last week (he wants it not just for work but for some hobby projects he wants to do, like building a log-splitter). He is hard to shop for, hard to surprise, and frankly, I was a little peeved he wanted to put this $ out for it right when I had to purchase a gift for him too....so I combined the two! Emailed the welder seller, asked them to please tell hubby the welder was gone, then I would go buy it....they agreed. They told him, so sorry, someone could come earlier than you and they really needed the $. Hubby was soooo mad someone 'bought it out from under him' and he missed the great deal. I picked it up this weekend, was going to stash at a friend's house, but it was bulky/heavy enough I didn't bother, just gave it to hubby a week early. He was really surprised, and happy! He's been telling everyone how I 'got' him on this one!

Nice to get him exactly what he wanted, as a surprise- that NEVER happens!

·
19,119 Posts
What a wonderful person you are!! Love it when things like this happens and everyone wins!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts