Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm Jessica. I used to be a regular around these parts & then I wasn't.

I used to be a frugal maniac, and then I went to the opposite extreme and became a spendaholic (coincidently, that coincided with my disappearance around there).

Now, I have struck a balance and am living peacefully.

I am a SAHM, wife to Jason (angrypuppy here on the board) and homeschooler to our two boys.

DH & I have completed Dave Ramsey's BS 1 & as of next week (waiting on check to clear), we will be entirely debt free except our house. That includes selling two pieces of property, paying off three credit cards & two vehicles ~ all since 2009.

Because of the econonmy, we also started early on BS 3 and are almost finished with that one.

I hope to be around here a little more as every time I stop by I learn something new!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi Jessica, welcome back. I thought of you a once in awhile and wondered how you were. I am so glad you are doing well. Congratulations on the being debt free soon. Good job.

·
19,119 Posts
Aloha and welcome back Jessica!!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, we were trying to sell our primary residence. We never did. We sold everything else, though :)
We are still in this house (bleh!) We got an estimate to add an addition, but when it boils down to it, we simply do not want to stay here. So, we buckled down and got rid of debt and are working on saving up enough money that we can afford to take a hit on this house if we have to (and we're gonna have to) once we find our dream property.
We are still hanging onto the dream of building our own log home someday. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yes Jessica, I remember you also. I was wondering where you were. Glad that you are making good progress in the financial world with your obligations.
Welcome back.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
JAMA!

Where the HELL did you go???

MISSED YOU!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I remember you, welcome back. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is wonderful to see you again Jessica! I am glad you are all well, great job on the debt!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome back--You know this is the place to be for encouragement , praise, and to list accomplishments to help us all !

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JAMA!

Where the HELL did you go???

MISSED YOU!
What UP Greebs?!? I've been out spending all of Angrypuppy's money! LOL!! Nah, seriously, we just sat down and added some things up and realized we paid about $55K off in just the last year. Almost $300K since 2008 (that's selling the two properties). It's insane when you sit down and think about it. But really, life didn't feel all that restricted while we were doing it. Just tightened up a bit & made a few sacrifices.

We're now working on becoming more self sufficient. Hey, just this week we figured out how to debone a chicken and learned how to use a pressure canner! Look at us go! :thumb:

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone around here.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
What UP Greebs?!? I've been out spending all of Angrypuppy's money! LOL!! Nah, seriously, we just sat down and added some things up and realized we paid about $55K off in just the last year. Almost $300K since 2008 (that's selling the two properties). It's insane when you sit down and think about it. But really, life didn't feel all that restricted while we were doing it. Just tightened up a bit & made a few sacrifices.

We're now working on becoming more self sufficient. Hey, just this week we figured out how to debone a chicken and learned how to use a pressure canner! Look at us go! :thumb:

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone around here.
On the topic of self sufficiency, ther's a challenge for 2011 about homesteading skills (but doesn't have to be homesteading specific) skills that we are teaching ourselves here at FV. You might be interested, even if you don't want to join the challenge. there was one for 2010 too that might have some info you could use towards self sufficiency.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ah, nevermind, you found it...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the topic of self sufficiency, ther's a challenge for 2011 about homesteading skills (but doesn't have to be homesteading specific) skills that we are teaching ourselves here at FV. You might be interested, even if you don't want to join the challenge. there was one for 2010 too that might have some info you could use towards self sufficiency.
LOL! I just posted there after I left here!! I'm trying to come up with a list of things I need/want to learn....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.