Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this site so just wanted to say "hello" and introduce myself.

For many years I have belonged to another, similary themed forum which is sadly due to close at the end of this year. So I am looking for a new home and hopefully I can find one here.

I live in the north of England with my husband in a very rural area. We try and grow as much fruit and veg as we can (despite the wind, rain, birds, squirrels, hares and lack of time resulting in too many horticultural disasters). We also try and cook as much food from scratch as we can and make preserves from our garden produce. My long term goal is to try and make my own cider.

We have been renovating our small house for about six years doing as much of the work as we can ourselves. We still have some work to do yet (need to save up first) and our next project will be the bathroom where we are hoping to install a solar hot water shower. We would also like to install solar panels for electricity, but this is beyond our budget at the moment.

I am a sewer, but my real passion is knitting. I am enjoy reading and watching films.

I suppose our main frugal philosophy in life is "save up before you buy" and we only spend what we can afford.

Anyway, enough about me.

Regards
Cath.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi , and welcome to Frugal Village. I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Hi and welcome from Minnesota! Make sure you join the knitting and sewing groups! :)

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to FrugalVillage!

Glad you joined us. :)

For many years I have belonged to another, similary themed forum which is sadly due to close at the end of this year. So I am looking for a new home and hopefully I can find one here.
Which forums is it? :(

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Glad you have joined us Cath.
I know that you will soon grow to love it here at FV.

Interesting user name you have.

·
19,119 Posts
Aloha and welcome from Hawaii!! So glad you are joining us!1

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome, we're a friendly bunch & I hope you make yourself at home.:apple:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi and welcome to the village!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello and welcome! You will find that this is a great group of people who are always willing to help with whatever you need!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello and welcome to FrugalVillage!

Glad you joined us. :)

Which forums is it? :(
Simple Living Forums. I have been a member for over 6 years and so I am going to miss it like mad.

Thank you for all the "hellos" what a nice warm welcome. I have just realised though after re-reading my original post that by saying I want to make my own cider makes me sound like a guzzling drinker! What I was trying to say is that I am into preserving foods and learning new skills. In England (although not in my neck of the woods) cider making is a very traditional craft and I was going to try making this and perhaps vinegar as a way of using up the excess apples from my trees.

·
Registered
131 Posts
welcome!

you have spiders in your bath too? (just kidding) welcome to the village!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.