Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself!! I have been lurking on this site for about a month and decided to join. Got bit by the frugality bug a while back, even more so now that DF moved in together! We recently made some good frugal moves:

~He has some past credit blunders resulting in high interest rates, so we transferred his $6K over to my lower interest rate card. I may switch to another CC company here shortly to dodge interest now that my 6 month grace period has expired.

~I switched cell phone providers so we are both on the same network. Had to eat the early termination fee, but it will pay for itself in a few short months because now we are taking advantage of an awesome employee discount that saves us $20/month (and scored me a free phone to start out with) on a family plan...even got my mother her own plan and free phone w/ discount so I hardly ever use any peak minutes now that we are ALL on the same network. Cut my and DF's collective phone bills down from $260 to $110/month.

~Started a modified envelope budgeting system! First month has been successful...came in way under for gas, and right on track for groceries and miscellaneous expenses.

We have quite a bit of debt to get rid of, but we are steadily chipping away at it. I'm so excited to have found a place where others share in the same joy that I do of seeing debt go down, down, down!!

Cheers,
Kana

·
Registered
579 Posts
:grnwave: :grnwave: Welcome to Frugal Village.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome to Frugal Village!

·
27,948 Posts
Hi Kana, welcome to the Village! :apple:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hiya and :welcome: glad you joined us!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi &:welcome:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
glad you found your way in!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Village! :wave: Sounds like you've already got some great plans underway for trimming expenses!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi and welome to the Village!! :welcome:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hello and welcome. :wave:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hi Kana! :welcome2: