Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get my sofa clean? My cat decided to pee on my sofa - which has the cushions attached to it so I can't remove them or "remove the covers" - I am at a loss as to what to do and I certainly can't afford to buy a new one.

Any suggestion??

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
After removing as much as you can, treat the area with "Nature's Miracle" - you can get it from any pet store.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nature's Miracle--purchase at Petco--use full strength--takes stain and smell out.

Sometimes I wonder just what our pets are thinking or if it's pay backs for some thing we did.

Good luck!

Robin

·
Registered
719 Posts
DEFINITELY buy the stuff from the pet store...just because you can't smell it, doesn't mean the cat can't. He'll invariably go there again if you don't do a good enough job. Best of luck. Cat pee is the worst of all pet sins lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best urine remover on the face of this earth (believe me we run a rescue this is all we use).

(8 ounce) bottle hydrogen peroxide
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 -2 drop liquid dish soap

Mix all together gently and pour in a spray bottle.

Do no shake up this mix or you may have a lot of foam. We have also used a watering can that will also work well.

Spray onto urine stain and walk away. Allow to dry. No need to rub or scrub the area. For tough odors you may have to repeat.

Also check your fabric/carpet for color fastness before using due to the peroixide content. We have never had any problems with any fabric changing colors from this mix.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I agree with Happy Paws Haven, and Mrs Mayhem my sister works at a vet and that is what they use and recommend. Hope it works for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to hear this...I know some time has passed. But when our dog did the same thing to our sofa, we used a product called Odo-ban. We picked this up at Sam's club. I am sure Walmart will carry as well. To us, we cannot see a stain or smell any odor. It is organic as well.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
This thread is 8 months old.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.