Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Merrilat oak cabinets, over the years the grease still builds up, I wash them regularly, but I am not satisfied with the results, does anyone have any ideas on what to use on the cabinets to get the buildup removed without harming the wood?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I use murphy's oil soap 3-4 times year, keeps 'em looking great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
We use diluted vinegar in water for our wood cabinets and doors. Cuts through the grease in the kitchen and the little boy fingerprints through the rest of the house without damaging the wood. I wipe them down once a week with the vinegar solution, which I keep in a spray bottle. I also use the Murphy's about once a month for a deep cleaning.

Reactions: Trishagirl

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You can also use 1 part ammonia w/1 part water if you want to lighten the color of the wood that will clean it good to but dilute it more first for cleaning.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm glad someone asked this question. After 21 years of living in this house, I am having the same problem. :scratch: It seems to build up faster than I can clean it off, and it's building. Ugh.

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
146 Posts
About 2 times a year I use Lemon oil on mine. They are oak as well. We built our house a little over 14 years ago and mine still look new. TC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts