Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She hates it,she says she wants a disney room.We told her she will have one when we find the comforter at the right price(we thought we did this weekend but it was a twin she has a full)She has pink and purple stars and hearts painted in her room(i did it)She is always wanting to sleep with us(or ontop of me :eek: )any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pobably not the advice you're looking for, but here it goes anyways. Does your room have Disney all over it? Chances are it doesn't, but she still like to sleep in there anyways. So out the window goes her excuse she doesn't want to sleep in her room because it isn't what she wants. How you decorated it sounds really cute.

Is this something that has suddenly happened? Maybe she's afraid to sleep in her room because the designs that are there now might make scary shadows at night (you know, like the heaped up blanket in the corner that may look like a monster). Maybe her imagintation is running away with her in the dark. I'd ask her what she hates about her room that makes her not want to sleep in it. She may want Disney because she knows all the characters and know they're safe.

I don't know- I've haven't been through this (yet), but that's what comes to my mind.

Laura

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,thing have gotten better real quick.I think a lot of it is we were at the outlet mall this past weekend and we were looking at disney comforters for the kids rooms($9 for a twin,$14 for a full)they had no full sizes:mad: So for a while she wouldn't sleep in there.Before it was casue she was scared,she now wears an eyemask and holds a small flashlight.We also made a chart for each time she sleeps in her room she gets .05(same as with chores on the same chart)right now its just to get her back into sleeping in there.so far it is working well see though.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I don't have any advice on how to keep your DD to sleep in her room but just to let..

I don't have any advice on how to keep your DD to sleep in her room but just to let know I am having a similar problem with our 2 year old DD she screams everytime she has to go to her room to sleep and DH has decided not to get her a big girl bed yet!!
She already knows how to climb out and up and down and under and She knows how to climb in!! I think personally it is high time that She is moved out of her crib!! When she is in our room a sleep on our bed she sleeps so great!! Dh however seems to have diffrent view on this issue!! Maybe he will break down and get DD a matress , boxsprings, and bed railing!! We already have the headboard and footboard!! DH's Dad said we could even have the Matress, the Boxsprings, and the bed railing that is a twin for DD and that would fit perfectly on this bed we will be using !! Now I need some how to convince DH!! Praying for you and that your DD will want to sleep in her room more !! :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe your dd wants to sleep in a big girl bed.This is how we got dd out of our bed in the first place when she was 1.She thinks she is like mommy and daddy.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thank you !! I sure hope DH makes up his mind soon on moving DD to her big girl bed

Thank you !! I sure hope DH makes up his mind soon on moving DD to her big girl bed

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
DH finally broke Down and we moved DD to her big big girl bed and now she doesn't ...

DH finally broke Down and we moved DD to her big big girl bed and now she doesn't want to get out of her bed and her bedroom!! She loves her brandnew but totally free Big Big Girl Bed that we got her and made her!! :) She has been sleeping in it for 2 nights so far and she has not wanted to get up in the middle of the night since we have showed her the new bed !!
She tried it out and she just loves sleeping in it so much!!
Thank you all for the tips!! :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad to here that.WE are thinking about putting ds in a big boy bed this fall(october)since we are giving his crib to our neighbors daughter who is due in Nov.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts