Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it is not so much fixing the iron -- I know what to do if I can ever get it open. I just can't get it open. I know the connection to the cord is loose but this iron has some unusual screw head that I don't have a tool for (and I have many, plus all my guys have tried from their toolbox). Any tips on how to get it open?!?

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
Does the screw head look sort of like (- -) this? That's what is on my iron and no ordinary screwdriver will work on it. In fact, it is probably a proprietary design in order to prevent unauthorised repair persons from working on it. I would bet the only people who have that tool are the manufacturer and licensed repair shops. It's a common trick.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it kind of looks like a cross between my hex and stars but very thin.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It may be a tork but they are putting in special screws so that you have the throw them away or have a repair shop do the work...They are doing this on a lot of things now....dh make a tool the last time he needed into something with a different head..

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm - it does resemble the internal torx

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
You can pick up a set of torx screwdrivers at just about any hardware store.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dad took the iron. He has more tools than we do. I bet if he doesn't have it, I'll get it for Christmas. LOL!

I did buy a new iron -- we iron a lot -and the spare can go into the sewing room (probably the new one) - and the first thing I checked was the type of screws it took.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.