Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's taking all my streght to sit up at the deks right now and not throw up :(
It's not jsut throwing up though...i have been 'running' to the bathroom a lot too! :( It happens EVERY time i try getting out of bed :(

it all started lastnight when I felt really full and like i wasn't digesting my food, i went to sleep uncomfy and woke up BLOATED and feeling really icky...it took a whiel for me to work out the gas bubbles and then all the throwing up/frequent bathroom trips began...ugh i feel misserable

whats worse is carl won't help since he has to be at san francisco at 10 oc lock...wouldn't even get me a glass of water...i just now got it myself and am praying to god i dont throw that up too...

i got barely even 30 minutes of sleep to boot..

i don't know how i'm make it today, i wonder if this is what ayla had and maybe gave it to me?

my insides just feel horrible :( my legs are jello when i try to walk and my head is really hurting...

Oh so far i've tried pepto bismo but i just threw that right back up and that was the last of that bottle :(

Any home remedies i could try to get rid of this thing?

thanks you guys

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Oh Heather wish I was there to help. I really have no suggestions but try and take it easy.
Sure hope you feel better real soon. HUGGS

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I'm sorry you're feeling bad. No advice, except, take it easy and rest. I know that's hard to do with a small child. I'll say a prayer for you. {{{hugs}}}

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like you have the stomach bug.:( I think time is the only thing that will help. Can you get anyone to take care of Ayla?
Carl wouldn't get you some water huh? I have a few choice words for him but I won't say them.:angry:
Sending you a hug and wishes that this passes quick.:hugz:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
First try to take some Imodium if you have it and rest. Don't take too much liquid in and no solids (except maybe some dry toast). Put on movies for Ayla and rest. Breath just a little on Carl (okay that was mean but he should help you). Hope you feel better soon.

Pat

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sounds like a nasty bug! Try eating a saltine cracker. Hope you are feeling better really soon. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanksgirls :)

but no carl wouldn't help at all :(

i put a glas of water in the freezer, so now i'm eating slushy water...it feels good...

i'll ask carl about his mom coming over (she might have work today, i can't remember)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hugs to you, hon. :angel:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
definitely breathe on Carl.:toothy: LOL, just kidding.

I would agree with the Immodium suggestion. that might keep you from "running" to the bathroom so much. As for the throwing up, perhaps dry toast or crackers...icy water....bland bland foods. I dunno what else to suggest.

:rest:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Heather
I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad. It does sound like the stomach flu. I'll be saying a prayer for you to feel better really quickly!
Let Ayla have a video day and that way you can rest. I'm sure she will enjoy watching her favorites!:)
As for Carl, well, he'd better just watch his step. You never know when he might be in the way when you feel sick again! (evil grin on my face) If he does get this himself, make sure you let him fend for himself and get him NOTHING!!! He definitly is not on my list for candidates for Husband of the Year:mad:
Take it easy on yourself today and do nothing that isn't absolutely necessary. Dishes, laundry and other things can all wait. You need to take care of you and get better!

·
Registered
312 Posts
While this does sound like the stomach flu, it could also be food poisoning. You might want to keep an eye on how long you've had it, because with the throwing up and the running it won't take long for you to get dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
me adn dks all three had a stomach bug earlier this year. could barely keep anything down. i found that if i sucked on something frozen it would have a better chance of staying down. i'm guessing it was because only a little bit was getting in my stomach at a time. ended up having to get the pedialite icepops for me and dd. just do what you can to try to get fluid in ya even if it's only a few sips at a time. and REST as best you can.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh Heather I am sorry you feel so bad! I hope you get to feeling better soon.:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh Heather I am so sorry that you feel so sick. I hope it is a quick bug and goes away soon. Try the BRAT diet when are feeling a little better. This is what our pediatrician always recommends for the stomach flu. It is easy on your tummy.
B-Bananas
R-Rice
A-Applesauce
T-Toast

Make sure you get enough liquids. 7up always settles my stomach when I feel bad, it is so sweet that it helps.

Here is a healing angel for you :angel2:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I was going to saythe B.R.A.T. diet too, Kathy is right, keep yourself well hydrated and rest...... I hope you feel better soon.....

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
(((((hugsheather)))))) hope you are feeling better soon!!:smball: take care of yourself!!:angel:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Hope you are feeling better soon. My kids had the same thing last week. My ds2 had it the worst. It lasted 3 days for him, and only a day for my ds3. Get as much rest as you can, and try to drink lots of clear liquids, and maybe even some jello if you can.

Traci

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have the flu, Heather.:hugz: Try to rest and have you heard of the home-made recipe to help you not de-hydrate yourself? I don't have it by memory, but I know it includes boiled water, orange juice and a bit of salt. I've been looking for it, but I can't find it. I'll try to look again now....be right back.

I can't find...I'm sorry...some say to drink flat 7-up when you vomit like this...it does kind of the same thing.

Good luck, Heather!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts