Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have wasps! However they are not on the eaves... they are UNDER teh deck.. (as in fly up my skirt if i dare venture out the kitchen door!)
They are hovering all around the deck!
Dh gets il if stung, i swell up, and I need to get rid of them before we find out how the boys react!
Any ideas on how to remove them with out a trip to the er involved?:bang:

·
27,948 Posts
Need wasp and bee spray. The one that shoots a stream so you can do it at a distance. Do it early in the morning when they are in the nest and are less active.just my 2:cents:

Bee careful!:D

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
I used the spray in a hole today. It worked pretty good.
Our son got stung by a wasp earlier. Luckily he is not allergic to them like me.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yikes Mel! I hope you get them taken care of before someone gets stung. Dakota got stung a week ago and he had to go to the dr. So, please be careful!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
You'll have to destroy the nest, otherwise you'll have them again next year. They'll come back anyway, but will be easier to get rid of if their nest is gone.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
After you've done all the above and if you still have a few...always carry a can of hairspray with you out the door. Whenever you see one close spray it. They can't fly after you've got em good, makes their wings sticky. THEN, stomp em when they are on the ground.
Dh always uses ether to spray their nests in the morning and then stomps em, gets rid of the nest. The ether kind of freezes them (or puts em to sleep I guess).
Darlene.....Bee careful....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts