Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dell Inspirion Laptop. This morning DH sees and email from me. I wasn't awake yet so he opened it. It was supposedly from me and then to me and 6 of my contacts. I obviously didn't send it.

I am running a full McAfee scan right now. I am supposed to have full virus protection active at all times.

Vitals: it is a yahoo account, I use google chrome, and it a 6 month old dell inspiron.

Will doing a restore to earlier in the week help?? I'm just not sure what to do.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Hubbys is doing the same thing. Or was, not sure if still. Sending out to his contacts ( which aren't many ) including my dead mother.

Hopefully Gabe will answer this and we'll both have an answer.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Mine was doing that also, I had dh's friend who is an IT guy fix it. I don't know how he did.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I had my gmail account hacked by some jerk in Turkey. It took me all freaking day to get back into it. I finally got back into it and changed my password.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Definitely do a restore to an earlier date.
I had this happen to a fairly new computer also, and restoring it to a few days before fixed the problem.

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
I would download Microsoft Security Essential and do a full scan. Sorry for the delay

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

It's free and very good compared to other antivirus out there.

Looks like some type of email harvester. I would have someone look at your email.
Be leery of things you run on Facebook too. Lots of nasty stuff out there.

Run an antivirus and check to see if it finds anything.
So far you indicated that emails were sent as yourself.
What do you use for email client?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts