Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked, but couldn't find anything..

Does anyone have a easy way that's worked great to get label glue off jars??

I tried a few different things, nail polish remover, hair spray, etc. and they didn't work well..

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
There's a couple of products out there that aren't too expensive, and reall do work. One is Goo-Gone, and the other one is called Goof Off. I have a can of the Goof Off, and it really comes in handy. And it's not just for sticker residue because it removes paint splatters, lipstick, pen, grease, candle wax, and more. I think I paid about $3 in Home Depot for it, and a small can lasts forever. Well worth saving yourself the aggravation of trying a zillion other things that just don't work.

HTHs!

Theresa :)
Welcome to the Goof Off Website

·
8,714 Posts
~We use Goo Gone when we need it. It's an orange oil product. If you have orange glow cleaner that should work. Sometimes just regular oil(olive/vegetable)will work.~

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was gone to say Goof Off as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank You all very much!!!!!

As I don't have the other stuff on hand, I tried the hot soapy water/scrubbie and that just seemed to of made it gooey.. I soaked it again, but forgot about it (about 2 hrs), by the time I got back to it the water was cold, I tried the scrubbie and it came off great, so I guess I found what works for me, cold water, soap, and scrubbie..

A bit of ideas from you, a ooops on my part and voila.. Gotta love FV...

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Yep...I use Goo Gone all the time too.

If it is a real gummy one I just squirt some on it and let it sit (on a paper towel)....come back later and use a scrubbie to get it off.

works every time.

Our dollar stores will often have Goo Gone. A bottle will last a long time. I use it for LOTS of things........cleaning up scissors, gardening tools, etc.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
goo gone .

·
4,028 Posts
I keep a razorblade/scraper by the sink. I soak the label/glue and just take the razor to it. It works very well and comes in handy for other things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts