Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed a load of light-colored clothes in cold water. I pair of navy blue cotton knit shorts were hiding in the pile.

All of the clothes are okay except for two new pink cotton knit tops -- they're an unappealing shade of bluish pink. I have them soaking in Oxyclean & cold water. Can I do anything else to save them?

·
Registered
723 Posts
There is or used to be something I have gotten before called Color Run (I think). You wash again using that and it pulls out the color that bled. It worked the one time I used it. I probably still have it in my laundry room but I am not at home right now to tell you the name for sure.

Reactions: Shoshana

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Darlene:

Did you find the name or the brand of the product? My shirts are still soaking and they still look bluish. I checked the Rit products at the grocery store but didn't see anything that would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I've never seen the product she's looking for but you might find it in the laundry isle of your gro. store. Otherwise if the shirts are ruined the way they are....you might try the Biz overnight soak. It's gotten some bad stains out for me, don't know if I've ever used it on color bleeding though.

Fill the washing machine with hot water, add 1 cup of Biz, 1 cup of dishwashing detergent (for the dishwasher), 1/4 cup of washing soda. Agitate to mix well and let soak overnight. In the morning run it through a wash cycle.....good luck.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd love to know what would take out bleeding colors too. I've never been able to fix it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Shoshana, I am sorry I forgot to get back to you.

It is called Color Run Remover by Carbona and says on the box ~ Helps remove dye from mixed-wash bleeding. I found it in the laundry isle at Wal-mart.

As I said previously I have had this for awhile so hopefully, they still make it and it will work for you. :laundry:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
bummer.

hope you were able to save them.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I've never tried to fix that problem. I always just let my whites stay pink. :D

Hopefully you're able to get them out soon!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Rit makes a product called Color Remover but I've never tried it so I don't know how it works. You can always dye your shirts a different darker color if you can't get the blue out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had success getting color transfer out by soaking the articles in an ammonia and water solution. I soaked the item in the solution and then washed them again. I repleated this a few more times until the color transfer came out. It did not affect the clothing at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts