Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recipe that will use up some hot dogs. We bbq'd the other day, now we have lots of hot dogs left.....Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I make scalloped potatoes & add sliced hot dogs rather than ham. We also like to add sliced hot dogs to our mac & cheese.

Homemade Beanie Weinies
4 hot dogs, sliced
2 cans pork & beans
2T brown mustard
1T brown sugar
1 can pineapple chunks, drained

Mix all together & bake until bubbly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hot dogs cut into coins and mixed in with mac and cheese

Pork and Beans with hot dogs

Add them to fried potatoes and serve with eggs

Wrap in a crescent roll with a piece of cheese...bake in oven

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
slit part way through the middle and put a piece of cheese into slot..wrap with a cheap biscuit that you roll out a bit. Bake until biscuit is done and cheese is melted...pigs in a blanket...lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas.....I think I'm going to try the scalloped potato one first.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Dice them up finely and sautee like ground meat - I've done this with fried rice and also added to a cream sauce (mushroom soup anyone? :D) served over pasta.

Slice them thinly lengthwise and pan fry - hot dog bacon :)

Slice them into coins/rounds or diced add to scrambled eggs for an omelet OR use them instead of pepperoni on quickie pizzas (bread/half of bagel with tomato sauce, cheese etc)

Lastly my fave - just nuke and eat 'as is' for breakky as a protein with a slice of toast, fruit and sometimes hard boiled egg.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Slice them up....add with a large can of baked beans and some bbq sauce....top with cornbread batter and bake. I make this with Little Smokies but I'm sure it would be fine with hot dogs too.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Great suggestions so far!

One of our favorite 'use 'em up' is to slice the hotdogs lengthwise, top with mashed potatoes (and cheese if you are so inclined) and bake in the oven until warm

·
Registered
10,996 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I like to cut them up in fairly thick slices and sautee them with a combination ofchunks of onions, bell peppers, celery, zuchini, mushrooms... or any veggie I have on hand.
You can have that with potatoes, or as is, with a slice of bread (can you tell I'm a carb-aholic!)
It was actually one of our standard cafeteria meals in HighSchool and it was pretty good!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I make a recipe with corn bread that I found in a Taste of Home magazine.

Basically...you brown celery and green onions with tiny slices of hot dogs(lengthwise). Mix up a corn bread mix..and add in all but one cup along with some shredded cheese and some dried sage. Sprinkle the cup on top with more cheese..and bake. This is really good with baked beans. Goes far...and is tasty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.