Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a nanny and babysitting job and possibly senior care and or housekeeping too. I tried care.com, sittercity.com, and craigslist. They all seem very very saturated. I have been posting and replying for at least a year now and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Suggestions: Get your CPR & First Aid license. Try posting a homemade sign of your services @ grocery stores, laundrymats, churches, a sign in your yard, an ad in your local paper, library, etc. Of course, ask before posting anything. A posting in your car window, hubby's car, maybe hubby's work or friends workplace. Dress for success when out in the public. Stop in @ daycare's-are they hiring?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
many people who want senior care go thru agencies because even though its costlier the employees are bonded and its just a safer way to go esp if the senior has alzheimers etc.

this is a company near me that alot of the patients i see thru medicare for skilled nursing issues - their families use for
non medical private duty care - like sitting with a alzheimers pt- making them lunch etc for a few hours between when a child of the pt leaves for work and gets home .

you dont need the certifications you need to do some of the work thru medicare and medicaid

if you dont have such an agency near you you can look for something similar in your area .
and it doesnt have to be 8 hr shift work sometimes its just 4 hours a day a few days a week you work . or i am sure they have 8 and 12 hour shifts out there too .

do you have any experience in this area- is your own health good ? are you able to do minor lifting etc

Non-Medical Home Care, Home Care Services, In-Home Care Service from Griswold Special Care

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i do not know about other chruches but i know that catholic churches has areas in their weekly bulletin you get at mass for jobs that people want to do or need someone to do .

you can google churches in your area- go to their website and see if they have their bulletin online - if they do look at it and see whats in there- i always seen cleaning or part time babysitting or senior care there .

Alot of time seniors have a hard time getting to dr appts and hair dressers shopping or even need help with errands when they cant get out alone and have busy families or no families near by are not so sick they need to leave their homes but need help with some thimgs - maybe start your own business offering such things if you are so inclined.
even if the seniors are on a limited income if their families cannot leave work as often as they need help - the families may be willing to pay for the service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.