Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19.7 cu. ft. stand-up freezer.....

For the last several months I've had to tape the stupid thing shut to keep it closed tightly so it wouldn't leak cold air out....

My last huge grocery run, I had to tape it to keep the foods from pushing the door open - hope I didn't warp it - now, the door doesn't seal tightly & I'm thinking it might be time to replace the gasket......

We've had this freezer since before Belle was born - it's probably the most expensive things we've ever bought & I simply cannot afford to have to replace it....I can't find a website for the company that made this thing & I can't find anyone local that carries a gasket for it.....

Have any of you ever needed a gasket & found a site with oodles of them?!?!

My freezer is a United Commercial Heavy Duty model made by a company in Great Neck, NY.......

Any help is appreciated.....I can't google search on this laptop any longer - the keys are too tiny & I'm reeeeally missing my regular desk top!!

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Deb,
Call your local appliance store and see if they can order one in for you. Sometimes they have access to sorces that we don't/ :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that.....they sent me to the web.... :(

I think it just has a lot to do with where I'm located...... :bang:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Are you near a sears? they had gasket stuff at one time. I believe home depot did as well. i will check around and see what i can find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts