Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a bag of Pillsbury raised doughnut mix that was bought in bulk at Amish market. I do not know how to use it. There are no directions and I can't find any on the net. Does anyone know what to do with it? I don't' know if it's a complete mix or if I a need to add anything . Do I just add water, milk? The giver of the gift was no help at all. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
742 Posts
Maybe this will help...

I used to live near an Amish grocery and they published a booklet with instructions and recipes for there mixes.
I looked in their book and found the following recipe for doughnut mix. I am not sure it is the same mix, but odds are if it is Amish, it is. It seem like it make a lot, but maybe you can cut it down a bit.

Yeast Raised Donuts
10 cups doughnut mix
2 Tbsp. yeast
1/4 cup warm water
2 cups water

Mix yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and let sit for 15 minutes. Measure 10 cups of Mix into large bowl and add all ingredients. Let rise 1 hour. Roll out and cut. Let rise 15-30 minutes after they are cut. Deep fat fry.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contrary Housewife, that's what I was afraid of.

HisDaisy. thanks for taking the time to look. I suppose I could try reducing that one down and see what happens. What have I got to lose? IF they turn out bad I could always have a back of dunkin doughnuts and pull the old bait and switch trick! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts