Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I wakeup Sat morning with my eye lid swollen..I've never had a sty sp? before..I've been putting neosporine on it now for over 24 hrs..I have to go back to work tomorrow and I don't want to go looking like this..Any suggestionss would be great!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
If you have an 18ct gold ring rub it on your stye it really works. I've done this and it works!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You can try holding a warm, wet rag on it several times during the day. Also try gently pulling on your eye lashes to pull out any that may be loose or causing the sty.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Brenda, I called my mom, who has been an ophthalmic assistant for 35 years. She said do moist, hot compresses in twenty minute incriminates as often as you can. The hotter the rag, the better. But, careful not to burn yourself.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I second the hot compress but I use a warm tea bag, usually Chamomile tea.

The name Chamomile comes from the Greek word meaning "ground apple." Its history dates back at least to ancient Egypt, where Chamomile tea was prescribed as a cold remedy.

Hope it gets better real soon.

Reactions: brenda67

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I second or fourth or what ever number we are on. Warm moist compress.

We do that with a warm wash rag, the rinse the eye and repeat as often as we can.

·
19,119 Posts
14Kt gold works too - for the fewe that I've had, I've used my wedding band.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Are you sure it's not infected? I don't know how to tell, since it's already probably inflamed and swollen, but I know that infections around the eye can be serious. If it doesn't seem to get better I'd go to the doctor. My insurance co used to have a nurse's line where you could call and ask about things that may or may not need a dr's visit.

I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
:lol: You're so demented. :D

I used to use a hot rag on my sty and when I had pink eye, I did the same thing.
I love the "Demented" part. (In reference to Russ)

Yes, definately use the hot compresses. My dh gets eye troubles occasionally and the moist heat really helps.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If the hot compresses aren't working I would have it checked out. I quit wearing masscara a few years ago because I kept getting an infection in my eyelash follicle. (sp) To avoid this I needed a new masscara a couple times a month, was getting to expensive.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
My son had his eye swell up starting with the eye lid and it ended up being a very bad infection. It just happened overnight. He had to stay in the hospital for 4 days so I would go to the doctor and have it checked. Better to be safe then sorry.

·
27,948 Posts
Late to the party but I eccho the use of a warm tea bag. The tannic acid in the tea bag helps kill the bacteria that caused the stye and the warm bag helps bring the stye to a head and drain sooner. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone...except Russ..LOL.. I ended up using a very hot teabag without burning myself and applying it every 1/2 and hour for most of the day it looked 90% better by morning..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.