Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a recipe that will use my lil smokies and maybe pasta/tomato sauce. Anyone know of one that's tried and true?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Missy
I have always used smokies, kelbasa etc in my spaghetti sauces. with or without ground beef. It just gives it alittle something more to bit into.

Barbara

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hmmm... call me ghetto but we just fry them (so they're kind of crunchy on the outside) and open a can of baked beans... maybe a veggie. I've never tried them with a sauce.

·
Registered
579 Posts
We make them with 1 cup of ketchup, 1 cup of grape jelly and 16 ounces of lil smokies. I put them in the crockpot until the jelly melts. I serve them with crackers. This is more of an appetizer recipe but I serve them as supper, on movie night, with fresh vegies, other snacks or leftovers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
We also use them as an appetizer , 1 jar chili saucce 1/2 jar grape jelly and smokies in crockpot until thickened. You can also do this recipe on the stovetop, just simmer on low. This same recipe is fantastic with meatballs instead of smokies.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
We make them into a dressed up version of pigs-in-a-blanket. You can use them as the meat option in soups (veggie, chowder, etc). I used them in the marinara last night (it was leftover sundried tomato-basil that didn't get eaten on Sunday). I also use sausages (normally leftovers) diced up in potato casserole or scrambled eggs.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
We always put them in the crockpot, with one of those little jars of grape jelly and a container of barbeque sauce.

Delicious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts