Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting ourselves on a small budget to spend for each other with the whole idea being to see how creative and how far we can stretch our budget.I have $10 to spend on him for Christmas this year.I need some ideas.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I'd be hitting the Dollar Tree between now and then!

Can you make things, also? You could do a coupon book for his favorite meal, back massage, etc. You could bake a batch of his favorite cookies to fill his stocking. You could make him a video or a screen saver of family photos.

Hmmmm.... that's all I can come up with at the moment. I'm sure everyone here will have creative ideas for you!

·
27,948 Posts
I think I'd be garage sailing with a collectable or hobby of his in mind. Maybe you could pick up a really nice piece of furniture or something and redo it thinking only of him.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I love the ideas above, consider also, stuffing a stocking with his deoderant,shave gel toothbrush etc. think coupons and walgreens freebies. End of summer sales on a new bathing suit or sandles-think Target, Walmart . Walgreens 3/$1 candies, coupons for a massage, special dinner etc. Last year I took all of dh's mother's photo albums and scrapbooks and split them up, making a book for him and each of his brothers-the book itself was only $6, another few dollars for colored papers and glues-very time consuming, but it looked great and they all appreciated it. Also, if he uses the computer, Stapels does the free after rebate sales, also see my link for the free carnation instant breakfast travel mug. Good luck!! I love a challenge.--Kellie

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
How about doing a "I Love YOu" basket with his favorite treats, love notes from you, and bubble bath! I'll let you in on a secret, most men actually enjoy a bubble bath if their mate will either A. join them or B. bathe them.:wink: . Or a movie basket with his favorite flick (previewed copy or bought on sale), popcorn, pop or beverage of his choice and you under a blanket with him!:D We once did an "I Love You Because" jar. We used a recycled glass jar and filled it with love and appreciation notes from all of us. The special recipient (in this case my MIL) loved pulling those notes out and reading them whenever she felt down.

OH, OH, OH, I have another one!:toothy: How about making a picnic basket full of his favorite foods and wisk him away for a special date?!? My husband and I once picniced on the shores of a frozen lake in Canada in March. It was a beautiful day and we had the beach all to ourselves! Make sure you take hot chocolate, tea or coffee in a thermos. It still to this day is one of the most romantic dates hubby and I ever had.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
These are all great ideas.

What kinds of things does he like? We may be able to come up with more ideas if we know this. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Some more basket ideas.........

What is his interests?

Golf? Fill the basket with
inexpensive items like balls, tees, score pads, treats, etc.

Cars? Fill an oil can with some inexpensive hand tools, shop rags, car magazines,etc.

Computers? Fill an attractive wastemasket with printer paper, ink cartridge for their make, or ink refill kit, computer magazines, pens, notebooks for jotting down info, etc.

Of course since you are staying under $10 you can delete some of the items from the baskets and make them more personal. I know the Dollar Tree carries tools, CD-R's and other great items to fill up a basket. You can also take advantage of the free magazine subscriptions that are often giving away online.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well he likes baseball,TV,movies um lets see wow this is hard car like stuff.I love the bubble bath idea,he loves those.The movie basket is a great idea too,we use netflix so maybe instead of putting movies in the basket a coupon for 1 month of movies of his choice.I would fill his stocking with his deoderant,toothpaste etc,but my downstairs was recently converted into a stockpile pantry with all that(gotten for FREE!!!!)So he would know if I just ran downstairs and gotten it.keep the ideas comin and I'll post what I'm doin.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How about a big red bow? Well, I know that is what my dh would like
:santasm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
mrscornbread said:
How about a big red bow? Well, I know that is what my dh would like
:santasm:

:laugh: Robin
My husband would love that wrapped around me and having the boys gone for the night! :hubba:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts