Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am ready to move that 1000 miles on Saturday, okay maybe not all set and here is where I need your help. I have 2 closets with hanging clothes that I really don't want to stuff in boxes. (ironing is not my strong suite)
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can easily and frugally do this?
TIA

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
When we moved from South Oregon back up to Washington we wer faced with this same problem. We ended up packing the huge UHaul to the gills and then put the clothes in our van along with my drugged up cat Nellie (she was not a good traveler and we had to drug her up to make it easier on her). I folded all the seats down and layed everything across them. Luckily we had the twins in front of the Uhaul truck with DH, my oldest son rode with my BIL and his wife who were also moving back up to this area and we hauled the little car behind the Uhaul. I HATE moving!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
there are boxes made to hage stuff but I have no idea how much they cost. My aunt had some when she moved so I know they are real:)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think U-haul sells those wardrobe style boxes- a girlfriend of mine used them when she moved from NH to IL.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I tied groups of hangers together (about 5 at a time) then put a trash bag over the stuff with the hangers poking out of the top so when we arrived it could go directly into a closet, so it wouldn't get dirty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts