Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have those gallon juice dispensers and one of them the kids left sitting around.. It has juice stains and the mildewy looking inside it. How can I clean it? I can't reach inside with anything to scrub it with. I hate to throw it away cause it was $8.00. What a waste..
Any idea????
Ms Louise

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Bleach? let it sit for a while and swirl it really hard.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I dont know if I would drink anything out of it if it had bleach in it, :( I say soak it in dish detergent and hot water, get an old toothbrush and get in the creases with it or if really needed you can always go to the dollar store and get a baby bottle cleaner for $1, you can always re-use it should this happen again. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Try 1/2 c baking soda and filling it 1/2 full of boiling/very hot water. Shake it like crazy and let it sit a while. May take more than one try.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't clean it out. I would throw it out and make the kids come up with the 8 bucks to buy a new one. I bet they wouldn't leave it sitting out again. :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I like that last answer... I am trying the baking soda but I dont think I would feel real safe with the bleach. I would probably end up poisening myself... let alone the kids. Or I would be the one sick and throwing up and the kids would be okay...ahahah
Thanks for all the advice
Ms Louise

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
After I get done w/ multi-day hiking trips, my water bladder is in serious need of cleaning. What I do is get denture cleaner tabs and drop one in the bladder. The tabs fizz and do a great job of cleaning the areas that I'm not able to reach. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it a few times and then let it air dry.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Um not sure what this jug looks like but chances are if you cant get at the inside to clean it....its gonna be hard?

Dishsoap and hot water - slush it around?

Stained plastic? Put water in it and let it sit in the sun? Maybe let it sit in the sun w/o the water? I think I read on another forum on here thats how you get the tomato sauce stains out of tupperware/plastic containers.

If its residue .... let sit filled with a heavy VINEGAR solution (diluted with water - at least 50/50 mix) and then dump half of it out after a day or so....put a bit of baking soda in there, close tightly and shake hard baby! LOL

Sorry I couldnt be of more help but I really cant picture this container/jug.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Fill the stained container with ice cubes pour 3 or 4 tablespoons of salt and 2 or 3 spoons of lemon juice on top and shake really hard let sit for a little while and shake some more when clean rinse with very hot water . good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts