Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know my dear husband came from a broken home. Last year we lost his Dad, last week we lost his bil. Suddenly his missing sister is much on our minds. So I turn to my frugal friends in hopes that perhaps someone knows someone who knows her.
Robbin Lynn Galle was born Sept. 27, 1959 at Portsmouth Hospital in Portsmouth, Va. In June of 1963 Social Services came in and took all 9 children out of the home. Big deal at the time made the front page of the Virginia Pilot. Robbin was taken to St. Mary's Infant Home in Norfolk and never seen again. The other children were also spread out over several different social groups. Over the yeras they have found each other again. The last 2 with the help of the Pilot when it did a 30 years later article. We still lack Robbin. She would have turned 50 this year. Someone out there must know her, work with her, went to school with her, something. I'm sure she must have married and had atleast one name change. We don't know if she was ever adopted as records are not availabe to us. We have listed our search on dozens of adoptions and message boards. We've even appealed to Tory Dunn the Locator. Do you know her?

Thanks for your help
Laurie in Bradenton

Reactions: jantana

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Good luck with your search.

My DH has a "new" 26 year old nephew as a result of a son looking for his dad. (He has been living a block away from us for the last 6 months!)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Good lucky with your search i hope you find her.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Saying a prayer that God leads her to you.

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
Good luck in your search - please keep us informed!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Start w/ the white pages. You know her age and her b-day? Facebook,mylife and classmates.com. Do you know what state she adopted to? Good luck on your search. Ancestors.com?? Looked on facebook. Closest they had was Robbin Gallon. Blond about the right age?? sorry.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have you tried putting an ad in the papers in surrounding areas of "Anyone know the the whereabouts of ______ born ______, please contact _______. Siblings wish to reunite.

something along these lines?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
We still lack Robbin.
Thanks for your help
Laurie in Bradenton
If you know WHERE she was born, have you tried to get the records? Also, tons of info on-line and have heard that FB has worked for a few....surprised me.

I would also post this info on CL....has worked for some. And......there are people that do this for a living (find people) and are good at it..........if you are willing to pay. They charge according to how much info you can give them to start with, generally......with a minimum, of course.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Laurie,
You said that you didn't know if Robbin had even been adopted,
as records were not available to you.

Are there records and they are sealed or does the infant home
have no records of her at all?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I hope you have great success in your search and are reunited with her soon!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found a number of people in the past year or so that I was looking for. Some I found on facebook, myspace and classmates. One that did not have a computer, I found on craigslist. Not the first time I posted either......but eventually her sister saw it and contacted me. Under community there is a lost & found category. Post it there and keep putting it back on. Choose whatever city in VA she was closest to. Some of the online newspapers have forums where you can post an ad looking for someone. Another thing is a blog, which is free and just describe what happened and who you are searching for. You never know it could get the attention of someone she knows or works for.

katlupe

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for sharing, makes me want to look for oldest brother. You (FV) have given me lots of suggestions on where to start. Good luck I hope you find her.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts