Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is a fantastic story, especially since it isn't mine! LoL I personally couldn't imagine having that many children but if that were what the Lord gave us I would be happy. Tired but happy!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Reading all the J names made this muppet song pop into my head. LOL!

J jump joyful jumble around.
Juniper, Jan, Jane, John.
Jack-in-the-box jumping all over town!
Jingle jangle junk summer day.
Big J swingin', flyin' singin'--

J jump joyful jumble around,
On a just nice day with the jumpinest J's in town.

Jingle jangle junk summer day
Big J swingin', flyin' singin'--

On a just nice day with the jumpinest J's in town.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Now that's A LOT of kids. It makes me want to figure out how many more "J" names they could use... Jill, Jerry, Jose, Jemimah, Joseph, Julie, Jehosaphat...yep, I guess they'll be set for awhile. :D

--Michelle

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's alot of kids!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
To me- disgusting.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is a houseful but from everything I have seen on the television specials about them and that I have read, they are all well behaved and well adjusted children and their parents are very devoted and involved the family so I am happy for them. I don't think I could ever handle a family that size but they seem to do it really well. I think that the fact that they do it all without any type of government assistance and have virtually no debt is great also. :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
To each his own. I'm happy with my 2. I've enjoyed the specials on them and enjoy seeing large happy faithfilled families,

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
191 Posts
I love seeing big families, ones where all the children are loved and cared for like this one. I grew up with 7 of us kids and would like to have at least 5 myself. As long as you are able to provide a good, healthy life your children why not have how ever make you happy.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i'm just amazed they have been able to do it all without going into horrible debt.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Remember he was a Senator or Congressman and will get a hugh pension for the rest of his life.
Also you can bet the TV is paying big bucks to air the stories.
I truthfully have 1 and there are times I want to send him back...LOL

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
We do not make enough to provide for a family that size .....I would've liked to have been able to have more than two though.....I do wonder if the younger of my two brothers is headed that way though.....they have 4, no debt, he's career military, are still plenty young, and he keeps talking about wanting "at least a baker's dozen" so I guess I could always borrow some extras.....then they can be returned when they're "on the fritz" :teddy2:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have 4 kids, and my stomach muscles are shot, with my 4th child my stomach muscles tore, and they sag into a roll now that I was told exercise can't fix, I would need some plastic surgery. So really it makes me wonder how her body is doing after so many pregnancies. I can also say after watching the shows about this family, I wonder how the kids would do away from the family unit, they seem to be rather sheltered from the real world with school and church all happening at home.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I can also say after watching the shows about this family, I wonder how the kids would do away from the family unit, they seem to be rather sheltered from the real world with school and church all happening at home.
My roommates and I just watched that Kids by the Dozen show on TLC that apparently featured the Duggars once (didn't see that one) and showed a family of 13 the night we watched and I thought the same thing about them (the Jeubs).

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Remember he was a Senator or Congressman and will get a hugh pension for the rest of his life.
Also you can bet the TV is paying big bucks to air the stories.
Actually, he was just a state senator, not a US senator so I'm not sure that provides much pension. I think he works in real estate. I also think they got their new house furnished by being willing to be on the TLC show. Sort of a trade.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I know I am going to get brow beaten on this one but....I think it is absurd.I honestly believe that when these children are older that they will not have large families. I hope they do a story like a followup several years down the road on the children...just curious to see if they end up with just one child. Could you imagine 17 children in your home...do they vacation or anything?? If someone wants a ridiculously large family, why not quit breeding after 6 of your own..and adopt some children? I think it is sad.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts