Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well every couple of months it seems that I try this again and fall off the wagon. Here I am back again. At least this time I haven't used my credit cards in one whole month which probably seems like not a very long time but it's longer that I have gone in a long time so I'm pretty happy with the progress. Now I just have to commit to sticking to budget. I'm taking a deep breath and putting this out here so I have something to be accountable to. I'm tried of feeling like a financial idiot so I'm making the change.

I've tried Dave Ramsey but that is a little to constrictive for me so I'm starting slow. I looked at all of my credit card statements and set up automatic payments at my bank in the amount that the statement says will pay the cards off in three years which isn't ideal but at least is progress in the right direction. If I stick with this and it works I should be out of credit card and car debt at about the same time in three years which is better progress than I've made in the past 3 or so years so I'm okay with this for now. Although obviously I'd like to be out of debt quicker. I'll reevaluate here in a few months (once I get through the holidays which are always a happy great time but always a busy stressful time as well) to see where I'm at. I did set up my budget and it seems to be easier to stick to with a little wiggle room.

Well on the non-financial front, my cousin is getting married today so we have plans for the evening that don't include spending a lot of money which is a blessing. Other than that the plans for the day are visit at my parent's house and doing my girl's hair for the wedding and getting my oil changed and filling up my gas tank. So it should be a fairly easy day budget wise. Tomorrow will be more of a challenge as it will be grocery shopping day which is one of my bigger challenges in sticking to my budget but I'm going to pull cash out and shop with a list so that should help.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Way to go. Take one day at a time and you will get there!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Baby steps, everyday is a work in progress...you can do it!:hurray:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts