Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to buy Mustang parts for my dh for Christmas. His fixer upper from when he was 16. Gah!(but I will consider it)

Just curious, what things you are looking into and it might give me some ideas. :swave: Men are not easy to buy for, at least in this house.

ETA, I meant SO in the title too.

·
Registered
867 Posts
DH asked for a video game. That was all he wanted. I'm not sure what else to get him! I will probably get some candies and treats for his stocking. Sorry, I'm no help! I need ideas too:)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
DH is getting an electric toothbrush from me. Great deal around $100, paid $2.99 if I remember correctly. And food.

DS is giving him music CD's

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
A small dremmel set because he's been wanting one and a hood thing to wear when he walks the dog

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last year he got some tee-shirts so I was thinking some work shirts. But I tell ya, they have to feel soft or a certain fabric, or he won't wear 'em. He has a shirt phobia. :laugh:

Maybe a MU or Chiefs sweatshirt and cologne is all I can think of...so far.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
well 3 presents he already got
a log splitter

a new chainsaw

and a cart that attaches to ride on tractor/mower to haul logs with our new home we heat with alot of wood

I told him thats it lol but I am getting him a couple of surprises some nice chamois shirts from LL bean a new pair of insulated jeans and the complete series of deadlist catch he asked for a long time ago

Reactions: annymoll

·
Registered
656 Posts
3 underwear t-shirts, extra long
DVD's - "Night Court" seasons 1,2, and 3
A "Remembrall" - see Harry Potter book 1
The dog gets him an appointment book every Christmas.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
A car book he's been wanting (Snake vs Mongoose), a new printer (he's always swearing at his cuz the paper doesn't feed properly), and I'm thinking a new drill (his doesn't hold a charge anymore).

I always get him new socks & boxers too.

ETA: he got two gifts early...a video game that he's been waiting for YEARS to come out (GT5) and a book to go with it.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DH and I rarely give each other gifts since we take our family vacation for Christmas and that is our gift to each other. However, I did get him a couple of shirts last week and I'm getting him a new belt. I'll take them on the trip with us and let him have them Christmas morning when the kids get their gifts.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I got DBF:
a huge drill bit set - we broke a bunch of his working on a project this summer.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season II on DVD - when we downgraded the cable we no longer got Cartoon Network and he loves this show. I think he got season I last year for his BDay

A flashlight that plugs into the lighter in your car - got all the men in my family one of these

A pewter ring that says "Strength" on the outside and Phil 4:13 on the inside and a leather bracelet that says "Cross Trainer" - he is a strength and conditioning coach and I thought these would be a subtle way to show his faith at work

Santa brought him socks in his stocking

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
He wants a pocket measuring tape, cahart shirts, a special coupon book from me made by me. Some smoked salmon for a stocking stuffer, a small am/fm radio, a mailbox flag.

·
27,948 Posts
My love. We don't exchange gifts. :heartsm:

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Hubby's list was quite varied and had some expensive wants and some expensive needs. Many of the things that are needed for the PD are not provided, so we buy and take the tax deduction. Hubby's pretty good about asking for those items for Christmas and birthdays.

But this year, I decided to go with his wants vs. his needs because quite honestly, who just wants to get needs for Christmas? His parents are giving him cash and Visa giftcards that he can use for his needs.

So off his list, I purchased him a heavy bag (punching bag) and the thing to hang it, the stabilizer for it, etc. That left me with about $100 left from the amount we budget for each other, and as a super special surprise, I have been squirrelling away money to buy him a PS3. I already bought him the Call of Duty: Black Ops game that he wants for it. I am About 50$ short of goal, but I'll make it!

For his stocking, I purchased a hot spice from Penzley's spices, habanero pistachios, and a 25$ gift card to a local bar/grill for 2$ from restaurant.com

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I bought DH an Xbox 360 and two games to go with it. I am also buying him a new travel tote for his razors and so forth ( I can't remember what the heck those things are called ). And I am buying him a new iron (he irons his clothes in the evening and has been asking for one for a while now )

·
Registered
24 Posts
DH for Christmas

Bought two Kindles. One for me, one for him. And protective covers. Red for me, black for him.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.