Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Cassandra, and I am 17..but I will be 18 in March!!
I am really excited!
so I have started using this board because its getting time for me to move out on my own!
I have a wonderful boyfriend who is excited to make our life together, and I need all the tips and everything I can get to help make it easier around the house for us when we leave.
my mom is a MAJOR couponer, so she is sending us with a ton of stuff haha but also I need to learn to do it on my downtime, and how to properly manage our money.
so I am in school right now, [Milwaukie high school] and I am currently looking for a part time job.
also I am in real estate school.
soon Jarad is going to be headed to a carpenter apprentice thingy. but anyways, just introducing myself!!! :]

How did you hear about frugal village?
I head about it from my mommy. :] I used to see her on here all the time, and then we started getting a bunch of free stuff so I was like..hey thats pretty cool I gotta try it out!

What interests you here?
the money saving tips!

Do you know any other members here?
Not really lol.

How many kids? Ages?
sadly none...just kidding! I am a kid and I am not going to be a mommy for like..7 more years hopefully!

Tell us about yourself.
I kinda did already haha.

Do you own any pets?
we have my dog allie, she is an australian shepherd.
me and Jarad are getting a little white/brown English Bulldog soon. :]

SAHM or Working mom?
Gonna be a working girlfriend/wife. lol

Married or single?
Taken...but not married yet ha. give me a couple years!

Interests and hobbies?
mostly just getting ready to move out, tennis, and real estate are other big ones.

anyways, thanks for checking out my post and I cant wait to get started on saving money!!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hi and :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of useful information here.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
welcome!! I wish you lots of luck ~ and I hope you find all the inspiration & ideas you need by visiting :D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi from Southern California, and welcome to the Board. It's great to get started on your frugal way at a young age!! :wave:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hello & :welcome2:

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome to the Village Cassandra! :apple:
Getting started with saving money begins with rethinking everything you buy or use. Do you really need it? How can you use whatever in a different way to get more out of it? How can I make/buy this cheaper? What can you change to put more $ in the bank?
Seeing you are thinking of moving on your own soon, ask friends & family what things they no longer use that you can have (to decorate your home)and maybe paint or decorate cheaply to make them all your own. Garage sales, thrift shops etc. are fun things to go to and you never know what you'll find.
Reading here you will get all kinds of ideas.:)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Hi Cassandra and welcome to the board. :welcome:

I have a daughter that is just one year younger than you.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hiya :wave: and welcome, I admire you for trying to start saving, etc... at such a young age, congrats!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Hi and welcome to the village!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome and good to see you want to get started early. Alot of young people head on into alot of debt. It seems you really got a good head on your shoulders. Keep it up and keep focused.
Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you everyone for being so supportive, yeah I am really excited to start saving, I guess my first step should be getting some sort of income, [a job] haha I turn 18 in like....not very long so I am really excited, because then I can apply anywhere untill I get into Century21 real estate.. yay!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi!

I guess I'm not the youngest active member on the boards anymore. :lol:

Awesome you are here! It's never too early to start being smart about money.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi Cassandra! :wave: Welcome to Frugal Village! I think one of the best things a young person can do is not go into debt in the first place. Saving up may take longer, but it's worth not having to stress over credit card interest and debt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome Cas!
The best advice I could give you is to listen to your mother because she is sooo very smart about these things... LOL!!! Hahaha! I love you sweetie! You will learn a lot here if you really want too. The people here are so smart. I think we would all agree that the best way to manage your money is to be content with what you have. Happiness can't be found in owning things. Real happiness is found in relationships with the people in your life.
My favorite frugal saying is "use it up, wear it out, make do or do without." There's alot of wisdom there!
I love you babe,
Mom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome Cas!
The best advice I could give you is to listen to your mother because she is sooo very smart about these things... LOL!!! Hahaha! I love you sweetie! You will learn a lot here if you really want too. The people here are so smart. I think we would all agree that the best way to manage your money is to be content with what you have. Happiness can't be found in owning things. Real happiness is found in relationships with the people in your life.
My favorite frugal saying is "use it up, wear it out, make do or do without." There's alot of wisdom there!
I love you babe,
Mom
Haha thanks mom. I love you too.
Its nice that you posted finally since your last was like...last year!

yeah everyone my thats my mom, shes how I got started!!! :]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome. :) One thing I regret is not saving more $$ from when I was younger ,even $20 a paycheck tucked away adds up. So it is nice to see someone starting young, you can learn from our mistakes!

You will get lots of good advice here, and some motherly advice as well!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts