Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Divorced 60 year old lady living in a bedsit with her ginger tabby, hoping to get my half of the house money and downsize to a truck camper before moving on. I live in the beautiful but expensive Pacific Northwest where the scenery is the only thing they haven't taxed yet.

My hobbies are hand sewing, reading, writing, and I'm learning to draw. I'd like to produce a frugal comic. I just lurk around medieval and colonial reenacting for now because I'm a bit creaky to sleep on the cold ground. PM me if you know of a colonial reenactment site with its own inn :)

New to downsizing and trading, but I've been pretty frugal all my life. It's funny that now it's trendy to be living more sustainably and frugally when so many of us called that "daily life" for years. One of that lifestyle's benefits is creative problem solving and a better sense of community because it's hard to barter by yourself. As others have noted, it's fun to have a hobby that's so useful!

I have an absolute passion for patchwork quilts but not enough patience to make many. You cannot show me too many pictures of patchwork quilts, shams, or window quilts, particularly stained glass patterns. I also love stained glass but do not collect it because I am an absolute uncoordinated klutz.

Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
Welcome to you and your kitty. Best wishes for this new phase of life.

I also love quilts and colored glass, but I've stopped collecting the glass because I've run out of display room.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Welcome aboard. I lurk around the fringes of medieval and colonial re-enactments much for the same reasons as you (much prefer the comfort of a bed to the ground!). Thankfully, there are a few colonial historical sites within driving distance. :) Also on the fringes of renn faires and steampunk subcultures, mostly because I don't want to keep updating and acquiring more garb!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Divorced 60 year old lady living in a bedsit with her ginger tabby, hoping to get my half of the house money and downsize to a truck camper before moving on. I live in the beautiful but expensive Pacific Northwest where the scenery is the only thing they haven't taxed yet.

My hobbies are hand sewing, reading, writing, and I'm learning to draw. I'd like to produce a frugal comic. I just lurk around medieval and colonial reenacting for now because I'm a bit creaky to sleep on the cold ground. PM me if you know of a colonial reenactment site with its own inn :)

New to downsizing and trading, but I've been pretty frugal all my life. It's funny that now it's trendy to be living more sustainably and frugally when so many of us called that "daily life" for years. One of that lifestyle's benefits is creative problem solving and a better sense of community because it's hard to barter by yourself. As others have noted, it's fun to have a hobby that's so useful!

I have an absolute passion for patchwork quilts but not enough patience to make many. You cannot show me too many pictures of patchwork quilts, shams, or window quilts, particularly stained glass patterns. I also love stained glass but do not collect it because I am an absolute uncoordinated klutz.

Nice to meet you!
hello and welcome to you and your furry friend i hope you like it here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hello and welcome to you and your furry friend i hope you like it here
My furry friend and I thank you all :) I do think I'll like it here... I've already had some great ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas, found a recipe for salt dough ornaments, and several recipes in the Chopped thread that I'm going to try! Plus it's fun to be around creative people!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Mme Homebody: Welcome to Frugal Village !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts