Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been around lately because life has been so busy. I miss visiting!
We have major expenses between now and july. I'd like to try to post here daily how we are doing cutting cost to get it saved. This should keep me acountable! Any suggestions are very welcome.

With being so busy we have had alot of fast food. Thats no no number1 ~!

I will be taking 1300 out of the 3 month ef to do the driveway but I need to get it resaved.

Vacation to see family in june approx 1800(more~less depends on gas prices)

july braces 2700

Thats the adjenda! Here is the not so good. Due to the homemarket Dh's work is slow. Dh is totally affronted when I suggested me picking up a bit of extra work. So I think here is where blackbelt frugality comes in.

My freezer and pantry are way down!!!! I told Dh to stick to the plan it looks like it's chicken, chicken chicken since thats whats left in the freezer for this week. I need to search out the sales better. I hate Aldis but I think I'll start shopping mondays when I'm kid free to hit there and the other sales.

Both kids have birthdays this month.We will be taking kiddo to Mc D's tomorrow for his b-day dinner as they get to choose. The second kiddo will also get to pick for his b-day 12 days later. Dh and I agreed to maybe 1 "date luch" for us and thats it for the month.

Wish us luck!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add.
Extra expenses for april.
Report card $$$$$ likely $80
second b-day and party $125

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good luck with your goals, it sounds like you have a plan :).

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok a little dinner and pre meal planning done! Did I mention we have chicken and chicken????? We also have a diabetic so that rules out starchy starchy meals repeatedly.

~I cooked lemon/pepper chicken and froze it for thursday night

~made my kiddos b-day cake and 24 cupcakes for school tomorrow~all scratch~no running to the store.

~ made chicken alfredo with whole grain pasta for dinner tonight

~ baked a double batch of garlic bread sticks

~ cooked up a weeks worth of my poor sick old kittys food

~froze the lunch treats so the kids can't gobble them all up

None of this got any money in savings but it wasn't spending any either.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got enough points from lightning speed for $10 paypal that will go in the vacation fund.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Good journal or blog material.
Wishing you success with your goals.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
You'll do fine! A plan in motion is easy to stick to, keep us posted, we're all cheering you on! :)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Good luck! It sounds like you've got a really good plan to make it all happen.

--Michelle

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Tracey and Michelle!!!!!

I decided to cut a bit of cash out what is spent on kiddos b-day dinner out.
Instead of the 4.78 salad I'll order a burger off the $1 menu'(toss the white bun in the trash) and a side salad off the $ menu. With beverage that will save about $2 off my order.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Tracey and Michelle!!!!!

I decided to cut a bit of cash out what is spent on kiddos b-day dinner out.
Instead of the 4.78 salad I'll order a burger off the $1 menu'(toss the white bun in the trash) and a side salad off the $ menu. With beverage that will save about $2 off my order.
$16.83~ better than the normal $23 for the family at McD's!:cheer4:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Very impressive, Nodmicks!

--Michelle

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very impressive, Nodmicks!

--Michelle
Thanks Michelle! I'd be truely impressive if we skipped the b-day dinner out but we have always lets the kids do it so it's tradition:cone2:
The oldest will pick taco bell for his b-day in 2 weeks. We will save there to because I won't eat it! LOL I'm planning on only 1 other 2 for 1 lunch date for Dh and I in apr and thats it.

If you guys have suggestions please feel free to share!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you are doing great! good luck!
Thank you so much!!!!

It's alot of $ to save in a short time on not a huge income. I'm hoping Dh's work gets busier. I'll be calling the place where the oldest wants his b-day fun with his friend next weekend and see what specials they have. It's a huge arcade type place. I thought I'd heard an add for pay $60 get $80 in play. That should keep 3 kids busy for an hour I think. Dh and I like to win the tickets too but we will just bring in a cup of coffee and watch otherwise it's more $.
We got snow today so that is a bummer!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No cash spent today! I submitted to have my $10 from a survey sent from pay pal to the vacation savings acct.
Thats a small dent but a dent!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts