Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black boxes everywhere, argh!

Anyone else trying to make their home pretty and relaxing while their partner tries to turn it into a RadioShack?

I have finally broken down and allowed a TV in the bedroom, now there is a giant black box on the wall with a bunch of black wires and cables hanging out of it. Then today another big black box came home to sit on the dresser under it :rolleyes: - it plays music, loud music, as if the visual noise wasn't enough.

I need to cover/hide/disguise some of this. The rest of the house is still a chaotic half finished mess, I need this space to escape.

There has to at least be a way to cover the mess of cables hanging off of the tv - does anyone have (or has anyone seen) something for covering wires on a wall mounted TV? What about all this stuff on the dresser? Do they sell those invisibility cloaks from Harry Potter anywhere?

(whispers to self) respect his interests, don't let your irritation show, be positive, yadda, yadda, yadda

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd be tempted to run the wires in the wall.

They sell cable channels that run down the wall at office supply or home improvement stores, but they tend to be white. I suppose you could paint them to match the wall.

·
4,028 Posts
Oh yes, technology in every room here!

There are cable covers available (too many to link but just google it). Have you thought about hanging a small wall quilt over them? It might be easier, adjustable and more pleasant to view.

And even though you are trying to respect his interests... is he respecting yours? Are you losing your "retreat" to the black boxes? Does he realize (have you told him) what you are giving up? If you feel you have no where to escape to, what will your stress levels be like and will you start to resent the situation?

hugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.