Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made their own chalkboards? I always see the paint to make one, but have yet to buy it.

Sara

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you spray it on? Just curious different surfaces options.

Sara

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
No I have not made any homemade Chalkboards yet but I plan on making one for DD !!

No I have not made any homemade Chalkboards yet but I plan on making one for DD !! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
:) My neice made a Chalkboard wall for the kids in the family/playroom-- turned out fantastic!!!
Chair-rail kinda thing (just a little above their height)- on 1 large wall!! the kids LOVE IT!!!
They can write on the wall(which all kids do) and not get into trouble! LOL
She even added molding at the top(turned it upside down) the entire length of the wall to hold the chalk and erasers!
The paint is wonderful - just remember to follow the directions EXACTLY!!!
Lori
If you aren't sure if it can be applied to a certain surface - ask a sales associate.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just gt a can 0f this at a great price at WaIImart $2 I think it was Im ging t0 try the wh0Ie waII t00 excuse my crazy speIIing I f0und 0ut the hard way y0u CANT wash a keyb0ard!!:toothy: <duh)

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I did the inside of my office door years ago at work--It was a previously stained hollow interior door. Came out well, make sure it isn't too humid, I remember it took a while to dry.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I believe it was last week that I saw an episode of Trading Spaces where they made the surface of a child's table into a chalkboard using the chalkboard spray paint. They didn't really go into details about the process, but the finished product looked really neat in my opinion.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I made a velcro board for my son and would love to make a magnetic board and chalkboard too.

Sara

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.