Frugal Village Forums banner

Holiday Project Progress Check-in!

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  favesis37 
#1 ·
How are you doing on your Christmas projects? I have the scarf for Katie's teacher made. I am still working on crocheting the clothes for the girl's baby dolls. I also still have to crochet the angel ornaments for church teachers and angel dishcloths.

#2 ·
scarves are all done for the kids. dd's poncho was done long ago. i have put off the pouches for advent as i don't think i'll have time to fill them before the 1st. but my mom got them advent calanders so they will have something.
dishclothes are done.
i am still working on ds's blanket, but it is getting lots closer to being done.

i am making a prayer shawl for a gal at work that is donating a kidney to her sister.

and i have to add to the prayer shawl that i had given to my grandmother that passed, and then i will give it to my sister.

i need to make a couple of bookmarks for the kids, but those take no time at all.

#3 ·
neices quilt done
friends granddaughters quilt done
grandsons scarf done
grandsons hats done
neices pillow cases and curtains done

still need to cut out pieces for the tube quilts but that shouldn't take long!

#5 ·
quilt for friends grandson started, almost done,
2 hat and scarfs sets done
3 other hats done

i am on a roll!

#6 ·
started a pair of socks for dh
finished a hat for dd
started a hat for ds1
plan on house slippers for each dd and ds1
would like to so booties and mitts for ds2
and would like to get a supply of mittens going too (posting about it in other thread)

#8 ·
Set of 3 dishcloths for mil -- 1 done; 2 to go. But they're quick.

Christmas stocking for DD -- well. Maybe 1/8 of the way done. If I can follow the turning-heel instructions, I'll be okay.

DD's are each knitting scarves for secret sisters. I might have to help them out to make their gift exchange deadlines.

As soon as these are done, I'm gonna start planning projects for NEXT Christmas!

#10 ·
Got 3 sets of hats and scarves done plus 2 more hats.

Still have to do 2 more hats and 2 scarves and that is just with yarn.

For sewing I have a bunch of stuff, guess I better get moving huh? :eek:

#11 ·
I finished ds's hat tonight and am 3/4 done with dh's first sock.

I can only work on it when he's not here, when he is here I am working on the kids stuff.

Tomorrow for the kids I will be starting mittens I hope. I have to go look through some patterns first. Then when dh takes a nap, I'll work more on his socks.

After the kids mittens I want to do some house slippers. lets see what I can do in 15 days!

#12 ·
i am all done except for ds's blanket

it is teh blanket that NEVER ends. i get part way through it and look at it and i'm not happy with it so i start over. i think this is the 4th time i've started over:bang:

#13 ·
I am almost finished with dh's first sock of the set i am making him. I'f he'd nap like he usually does I'd have it done, but instead he keeps waking up or stirring, so i put it away and pick up whatever i have handy sitting near me. Just have the toe to do now. He loves knit socks. He has shown off the other pair i made him to veryone who'll take a second to look, lol. and they have held up over the past ...what?... two years fantastically.

I have one mitten for ds almost finished. From the looks it might wind up being a little large. Never used this pattern before. never made a mitten before period. I am using a two needle method that i found a pattern for. next time...dpn's. Sunshine posted a link that had a pattern for dpn's, I will try that for dd's. But that being besides the point, I think the pair I am doing right now will be attractive. if it is too big, ds can layer them over a smaller pair...right? :skept:

#14 ·
finished one mitten and one sock! See, i can get stuff done when dh isn't snoooping!!

#15 ·
i finished up the last hat i needed to make ! now i can start on soem booties and non christmas stuff

#16 ·
finished up the second mitten and am 1/3 done the second sock. I have also started a mitten for dd. I am chugging along. Found the hat I had made for dh, so i don't need to redo that. I have socks for each of the three kiddos still to do, mitts for ds2 and to finish the second sock for dh and the mittens i started for dd. 10 days left...and counting. I hope i have it all done in time!

#17 ·
Okie doke...all I have left for dh's socks are the 5 or so inches left of the foot towards the toe. I finished dd's mittens tonight and will get ds2's mitts started tonight.

So far my finished list is:
Hat -DH
Hat -DS1
Hat -DD
Hat -DS2 (already gave it to him, it couldn't wait - too cold out)
Mittens - DS1
Mittens - DD

To do:
Mitts - DS2
House Socks -DS1
House Socks -DD
Socks - DH (almost done)
Booties - DS2

And we're running down to the wire now, huh? about a week left!!

#18 ·
i am making more progress on ds's blanket. i think i might actually get it done before christmas. :fdance: i pulled out the last attempt and wound it all into balls. i have one and a half balls left. each skein was a ball. two more nights ought to be enough time to finish it. he knows about it so i can make it with him in the room.

#19 ·
I finished my mom's scarf, although I think I'll add some fringe to it. I'm almost done with dh's knitted "willy warmer" (gag gift for his stocking :toothy: ). I still need to crochet or knit some dishcloths....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.