Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all…

So, exciting news around my house…A few months ago, I submitted my novel to the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest. They originally took 5,000 entries, and in the second round, narrowed it to 1,000. I was thrilled to have made that cut. As of yesterday, they have narrowed the field again, to the 250 quarterfinalists. I’m in!

In this next round, our excerpts have been posted on Amazon.com and are awaiting customer reviews. So, if you are so inclined, I would love if you could help me out!

If you go to Amazon.com, in the Search All Departments box, type in “Amy Bozza.” (Tee-hee…I’m on Amazon!) You will get a list and my excerpt will be first. There will be a tan box to the left that says “Thriller and Suspense” and then to the right of that is my name and the title, which is “The Follow Through.” If you click on the title, it will take you to the page for my excerpt. Here’s the direct link to my page: Amazon.com: The Follow Through eBook: Amy Bozza: Kindle Store

You have to download the excerpt, but there is a catch. They only allow downloads to Kindle’s or to Kindle for PC. Imagine my dismay, as I don’t own a Kindle, however, I was able to quickly and freely download Kindle for PC. Again, it’s FREE. Took about two minutes. Once you download the program, you can go back and download the excerpt. If you have a Kindle, you can download directly to your Kindle.

This is the important part: After you have read the excerpt, please go back to Amazon and leave a customer review. I’m happy to take high-fives at the village, but please keep the reviews “business-like.”

I warn you ahead of time…you may be surprised that it came from me, as the story can be a little violent at times, but, it’s fiction, folks. Pretend it isn’t me who wrote it, if you need to.

Thank you for your support!

Amy :)

·
27,948 Posts
:hifive: WTG Amy!!!

Reactions: AmyBoz

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
hubby has a kindle, so when he gets home tonite, I'm going download it, and read it... can;t wait.

and WTG!!! amy

·
2,688 Posts
WTG !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm excited for you :)

·
4,028 Posts
That is totally wicked cool! Congratulations!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Way to go, Amy! That is awesome! I don't have kindle, but I am going to download it so I can read the book. I can't wait to get in line to get my autographed copy!!!

·
19,119 Posts
What great news Amy - congrats!! I'll download at home, read and review!! When is the winner announced?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congratulations Amy!!!! That is so awesome!!! Woo hoo, I am doing the happy dance with you! :fdance:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Way to go!!! I'll download the pc version later. What an accomplishment!.

·
19,119 Posts
Need to get this thread in the limelight again!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone!

Kitten, your review was great! Thanks!

It's so surreal, to type my name into Amazon and have my book come up! Also, so cool to have official reviews and customer reviews and to watch my number in the Kindle store fluctuate by the hour.

It's just so exciting!

We find out about the final round on April 27th. :)

Thanks again, everyone, for your support! :hugz:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:congrats: and :goodluck:

Will download Kindle PC in a bit and check it out :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts