Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people would not find this desirable, but I am SO stoked!!

I was supposed to drive up to my sister's house for T-Day. The routine is that I drive up for T-Day, and they drive down for Christmas.

Well, a) I don't particularly like my sister's hubby or son - don't dislike them (anymore), but still don't really relish the thought of spending time with them; b) I don't get particularly excited about turkey, because I make it at home all the time; c) it is a 4 hour round trip, and I make it in one day, so I'm always really tired out by it.

So when my sister told me that T-Day might be off, because her in-laws showed up unexpectedly, I was hopeful, but knew that it might still entail a four hour drive, because my mother would be alone.

Well, through a series of dramas, my sister is now going to spend T-Day with some friends. She invited me, through email. My mother, thinking I would take my sister up on her invitation, made plans to go out with friends on T-Day. So today, I graciously declined my sister's invitation and called my mother to let her know how great it was that she was going out to eat steak for T-Day with her friends. It took a little soft-shoe tapping, but I managed to get T-Day to myself!!! Woo hoo!!!

I was also planning to work on Friday, even though I had put in for leave, because my meat (for my dogs) was supposed to be delivered then, so it seemed silly to take the day off when I had to drive an hour into town anyway. But the meat delivery has been delayed until next week, so WOO HOO CUBED!! I just scored a four-day weekend!!

I know I'm weird, but I just love being alone. My mother says she would die being "stuck out there by myself on your mountain", but I can't wait to get home every day and put the world behind me. :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Enjoy you peace........I was going to get T day to myself but my 7 to dgd will be with me........ Her mom don't want her to be around the family since her foster grandfather passed away last week so I'm taking her.......
Fern

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Although typically we think of Thanksgiving as a day of gathering together I can definately see the appeal of being alone. I would be very Thankful for a full 24 hour period of alone in my own home time lol. Enjoy your day!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Our plans changed last night too... it was going to just be me and the Old Man because DD was going to go with my ex to his Aunt's house for a family thing...

Aunts son has to work, so their dinner won't be until 5. They live 10 minutes away from me, so DD will be here until 4.

She is SO excited to be able to spend Thanksgiving 'home'. Usually she has been somewhere else, last year was the first time we were all together because we went to a restaurant.

Enjoy your quiet. Have an extra sip for me!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You will have a wonderful and relaxed time. I envy you.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
So happy for you. Enjoy your solitude.
"Alone doesn't always mean lonely."

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have a peaceful and restful Thanksgiving!
:)
Anna (cannot wait to hear what you cooked, created, and repurposed while "stuck out there on {your} mountain"!)

·
27,948 Posts
:yippee: Good for you! Have yourself a grand time doing just what you please!

·
Registered
938 Posts
I love Thanksgiving alone! I will be spending the day with DBF, but I really enjoy spending the holidays alone. My mom freaks out when I say that! But it's true!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Enjoy you peaceful thanksgiving, it sounds so relaxing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts