Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I went and bought material to make cloth napkins to include in my Christmas gift baskets. Well when I got home, I realized that the material wasn't 2 sided which would mean doubling up the material and then I would have to go buy more. so I scrapped that idea and started wracking my brains. I decided then to use the material to make plastic bag holders. They are just a tubular bag with elastic at the top and bottom that you stuff your plastic shopping bags in, then pull them from the bottom one at a time. Then I realized I didn't have any elastic. Things never go smooth for me....lol But then a light bulb went off in my head, I had given my husband a bag of underwear from my sons when they switched to boxers to use for rags and they all had elastic waist bands. So I cut off the elastic and got a bag made last night.
So really it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't make the napkins because I honestly think the bags are a better gift than the napkins, plus I recycled. :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I keep thinking about buying one of those! I will have to try my hand at making one instead. I have enough fabric around to give it a try.

Now if they only had a design for paper bags! ;) I do most of my shopping at a place that offers paper, so I end up with a stack of them! I need to remember to start taking them back with me!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Very smart! Good job.

Reactions: jdr250

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have one of those I received as a gift and I love it! It really is a great gift idea ~ WTG!

T

·
0 Posts
What a good idea!
Plus you can likely make prettier ones than the store.

If you don't mind I am going to copy you because my store bought one is falling apart, from its first day of use.

You know who would love baggies holders but in a larger size?
The Aldis gals!
I always get there and have no bags etc..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts