Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - anyone have any ideas for a G O O D homemade deoderant? I find that only 'heavy' duty ones work for me but I don't like to use them. I teach and sometimes have to go outside to the mobile classes then back inside to overheated rooms. Tonight when i got home I smelt bad. Oh dear. Hoping someone has some ideas.
ps - yes I DO wash thoroughly and don't start the day whiffy! Also, I don't whiff at weekends so it is work/ stress/ walking fast/ hot rooms etc

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try this one:

Ingredients

3 tablespoons of almond oil
3 drops of lavender oil
3 drops of rosemary oil
3 drops of lemongrass oil
1 tablespoon of beeswax
Method

Heat the beeswax with the almond oil on a low heat. Stir well. As soon as the beeswax is melted take it off the heat and add the other oils. Pour the mixture into a pre-heated jar placed either on wood or several layers of newspaper, and allow to cool. To apply, scoop out a very small amount with the fingertips and rub under the arms.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks birthgeek - I have some of the ingreds but will get the others at the health store this weekend.
W

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Hardy, the deodorant birthgeek wrote out for you may work very well and you may be happy with it. If not I wanted to tell you my DH is a dark hairy man and he swears by rubbing alchol. A splash under each arm each morning does him most of the day. Right after his bath or shower. He sometimes in the summer applies it again in late afternoon. I don't have a need so I don't use it.
I am wondering if the problem maybe the fabrics you are wearing? I must wear pure cotton so that is what I wear. But when I could wear other fabrics I found many of them made me perspire even when it wasn't particularly hot.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I don't even bother with it in the winter as I don't perspire in cold weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts