Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this recipe about a month ago for my steak loving family..my family really liked this copycat version...I think if you let it sit for a couple day's in the fridge to let the flavor's come together it tastes better..

1/2 C Orange Juice
1/2 C Raisins
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1/4 C White Vinegar (my kid's thought there should be little more vinegar added..)
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Dried
grated Orange Peel
2 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tbsp Chili Sauce

Dump everything into a saucepan over med heat. Boil, stirring continuously for 2 min. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes, dump mixture into blender and puree. Pour into bottle or jar and & cover tightly. Will last approx 3 months.

My batch that I made didn't last 2-weeks...so if you have a big family or teenage boy's like I do I would double the recipe..ENJOY!

·
4,028 Posts
I have got to try this. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'm going to have to try this for dh but strain out the raisins. I did try steak sauce from the Dollar Tree and dh said it was good but no A1.

·
Super Moderator
19,677 Posts
Tabasco is hot pepper sauce. Chili sauce would be chili sauce. That's what it will say on the label.

I'm sure if you wanted to heat it up, you could put in a little Tabasco to taste, but two tablespoons would make it pretty fiery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts