Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homemade Cracker Jax

Recipe Description
Tastes even better than the real thing! But be warned...once you make them, you'll have to have it again and again and again...and well, you get the idea! I don't remember where i got the recipe...it may have even been on this board, but I think it was TWG​
Preparation Steps:
Pop the 8 cups of popcorn. Preheat oven to 300.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
20 minutes​
Ingredients:
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
3 TBS corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
8 cups popped popcorn
(nuts are optional)​
Serves:
Alot, but its never enough ; )​
Directions:
Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted. Cook without stirring for 3 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla. (Add nuts if desired, here). Pour onto the popped popcorn and mix until evenly coated. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees.​

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh this sounds yummy! I used love eating Cracker Jacks when I was young. I don't even own regular popcorn just microwave(I know bad for you) but may just have get some to try this.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh this sounds yummy! I used love eating Cracker Jacks when I was young. I don't even own regular popcorn just microwave(I know bad for you) but may just have get some to try this.
Just wanted to note, that you can use microwave popcorn as long as it is plain!

I tried with extra butter (super salted) microwave popcorn...and it wasn't too great! :shake:

But I do have to admit...I ate it anyway! :uhh:

·
Registered
568 Posts
One of my fave snacks from little kid days. Only we called it Karamel Korn. Thanks for posting. Will be good to make this autumn.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks Sarah for letting me know you could use plain micro corn. I hadn't even thought of that duh! I'd rather do that bc well umm it's easier.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I am going to make DH some soon.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I am dying to make some of this. I think I'll just go down your list and make all of your recipes, Sarah :wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts