Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a recipe for hot oil treatment or super conditioning treatment? For whatever reason I have 2 spots (just above the corner edge of my eyebrows...kind of the edge of the bangs area, if I had bangs...this area is shorter than the rest of my hair, it's angled/tappered around my face) of very dry frizzy patches.

Not sure if it matters, but my hair is course, curly, thick and long (half down my back). I'm 39 with lots of gray hair. My hair grows very fast, so I have to color often (every few weeks). I try to color my roots only as much as I can. When I color my hair, I use Sally's Beauty Supply Ion liquid hair color.

I need to color my hair tomorrow, so I want to do a mega super oil/conditioning treatment after I color.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds like that area of your scalp is starting to react to your hair dye or some other product. Instead of moisturizing, protect that area with liberal amounts of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) which will also moisturize. Since you really don't want to do a lot of shampooing right after coloring your hair, consider getting yourself a shampoo and conditioner specifically for dyed hair. I did the math and you really do save money even if the shampoo costs a little bit extra. You can typically stretch the time between dye jobs using a gentler shampoo.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am a hairstylist....so I can give you some educated diagnosis...LOL...The area of hair around your face in the front, tends to be finer on most people....grey hair itself can be quite "frizzy" just the nature of the hair, when you combine the two it will make that area seem like it's more frizzy. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about either....Most "home remedies" for conditioning treatments, don't actually benefit the hair. ex: oil oil treatments, mayo, etc...the protein molecules in these are actually too big to enter the hair shaft. What these treatments do, is coat the hair and scalp making them feel "better" or "moisturized" temporarily, Once you wash your hair next that is washed away as well. I would recommend getting a good salon quality at home deep conditioning product you can get one at Sally's. Use it a couple times a week, also right before you color your hair, lightly spray with leave in conditioner to even the porosity of the hair shaft, making the color a more even result. Hope that helps some. Also, I would recommend, the supplement called Biotin, it's an over the counter supplement purely for hair skin and nails. Get the 5000mcg strength and take once a day with your daily multivitamin and plenty of water and a healthy diet, and you should see a difference in your hair! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts