Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homemade Irish Creme (like Bailey's) -- very frugal

Recipe Description
A homemade version of Bailey's Irish Creme liqueur. Much cheaper and all my family says---Better!​
Preparation Steps:
Put all ingredients in blender. Get that lid on TIGHT. Start blender off at low and gradually get it up to high. Blend well.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
15 minutes​
Ingredients:
1 c. whiskey (Irish or Scotch)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pint (2 cups) half and half
3 eggs
1-1/2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup​
Serves:
6? depends on your glass​
Directions:
Serve over ice. KEEP REFRIDGERATED.

Some may be put off by the raw eggs. All I can say is....I have eaten raw cookie dough all my life and this recipe of 'Bailey's' all of my adult life and I have never been sick or died. YMMV.

>>>>(Disclaimer! This recipe contains raw eggs! If you don't want to risk ingesting raw eggs, don't drink this! I have warned you, and will not be responsible for any trauma you suffer.) LOL!​

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I would think the alcohol would kill any germs in the eggs. But I'm no expert and I'm sure some expert will show up soon to argue about it.

I wonder if this recipe would freeze well or if things would separate.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Same here, cab. Thank you for this recipe! I used to make this years ago but have forgotten all about it. This will be a nice treat next weekend.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Has been years since I have made that........have that recipe too.

It is really good.....I also received a recipe w/o eggs and it was pretty darn good too.

·
4,028 Posts
chocolate syrup has been added to my grocery list... I have the others. :)

Reactions: cab54

·
4,028 Posts
yum yum

I made mine with a blended scotch... but next time I'll switch it to Whiskey. The scotch is a little too.... woody for this.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I just made a recipe for this w/out eggs last night and gave it to my sil today for a early Chritmas present..I think it's a STRONG drink the way I made it anyway..My sil loves this stuff...I'm glad she can handle it..if it were me I would have such a terrible hangover that I would be totally useless for the whole day..BTDT..LOL...that was many years ago!

·
Registered
469 Posts
That sounds good but I don't even want to imagine how many calories are in that stuff! :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sounds YUMMY!!! Thanks for posting...will make this Wednesday for the Family gathering on Sunday! MY BIL will LOVE it!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just made a recipe for this w/out eggs last night and gave it to my sil today for a early Chritmas present..I think it's a STRONG drink the way I made it anyway..My sil loves this stuff...I'm glad she can handle it..if it were me I would have such a terrible hangover that I would be totally useless for the whole day..BTDT..LOL...that was many years ago!
I usually put only 2/3 cup in it for just me and dh. It does seem very strong and I'm usually not a whiskey drinker. I like vodka, but don't use that in here! I don't imbibe much over Christmas. I need to have my wits about me to have two parties in 2 days with 50 people!

·
4,028 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts