Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These Italian Ice pops are soooo yummy. They are kind of on the adult side, but kids will love them too I am sure. You can make them with any kind of berries too.

I got the recipe from Giada DeLaurentis (Everyday Italian)

Ingredients
1(12oz) bag or 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries, defrosted
1/4 cup mint leaves chopped (fresh)
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3-4 tbsps simple syrup
14 wooden ice pop sticks

In a blender, combine the raspberries and the mint. Puree until combined. Add the lemon juice and 3tbsp of the simple syrup. Blend to combine. Taste the the mixture adding the last tbsp of simple syrup if you like. Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze for about 30 min, or until partially frozen. Insert the wooden sticks and return trays to the freezer for another 3-5 hours.

Simple syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Take pan off heat and cool the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be saved in an airtight container.

You can make strawberry, blueberry, mango. You can also leave out the mint it you want.

When I make them I put them in small hefty containers they are reusable, they are round and hold about 1/2 cup. This of course mean you have fewer of them, but they are bigger and I eat more than one ice cube pop at a time.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Oh Jas, my DS1 is going to love these. Thanks!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Jas, these sound awesome! For those of you who like to cut calories, simple syrup can be made by substituting splenda for the sugar. :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Jas, these sound awesome! For those of you who like to cut calories, simple syrup can be made by substituting splenda for the sugar. :doublethumbs:
There you go! I had no idea you could do that. I am going to have to make these later today. In fact I am going to pull out a bag of berries from the freezer right now!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everytime I am at Aldis I pick up a bag or two of the frozen fruit. It costs about 3.00 or so a bag. I use them for a lot of different frozen treats.

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
This sounds like an AWESOME treat to enjoy on a hot summer's day -- can't wait to try them!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hehehe this sounds yummy and I think I saw that episode! I usually take the easy way out and make Crystal Light with less water and freeze it in a popsicle mould I bought at Ikea for $1 :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts