Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff works great!

1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp dish soap
1 cup water

Heat water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.
Pour hot water into bowl. Place salt, soda, and dishwashing liquid into bowl. Place jewelry in and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry jewelry completely with soft cloth. Discard solution after use and make a new batch next time.

I kept the old basket from my store-bought jewelry cleaner and use that to get the jewelry in and out of the bowl or mug. I also use the old brush to get into the crevices. If you don't have these use an old toothbrush and I recommend pouring the water/jewelry through a small strainer. The mixture is very drying to hands and you don't want to lose that jewelry down the drain!

Hope this is helpful to someone!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thank you!!! I always hate having to buy the stuff from the store....and now I can make my own so thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Thanks for the tip - I already have the jar to re-fill it with. These type of home made cleaners not only save money but save empty containers from ending up in the landfill.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thank you I need to clean my jewelry but didn't want to go buy an entire bottle when I only own 4 things of jewelry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts