Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the powered homemade laundry soap for a few months now and love it. I have been using Zote soap and love the clean smell. However I was wanted to know if anyone here has tried using Lava soap in the mix for really greasy clothes my DH works with heavy equipment and when he is doing repairs gets very greasy and dirty. I usually add lestoil to the wash and it helps. Has anyone tried using Lava soap do you think it would work? Should I try mixing up a batch just for greasy clothing?

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have heard that if you add oxy clean to the load on the dirty clothes that works well. I think they have generic oxy clean at the dollar store.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You could try pre-treating greasy spots with the bar of Lava or perhaps Fels-Naptha. Just get the bar wet and rub into trouble spots and wash like normal with your normal soap.

Sounds like you are going to have to experiment a bit. Good luck

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I use Fels Naptha as part of my laundry powder... but for those extra-ick items, a bit of the generic version of Oxyclean has never let me down.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A good liquid dishwashing soap, like Ultra Dawn always works for me.

I'm not sure if you are using the liquid laundry detergent recipe or the dry one, but it would be worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts