3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cold water
3 TBS moleasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp butter flavor (optional)
1 tsp maple extract (optional)​
Serves:
Directions:
Add everything to sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves and you get a good rolling boil. Turn off burner, but leave on stovetop until bubbling stops.

Store in refridgerator.

CAUTION: Make this way ahead of time and store. It takes forever to cool off, and my son burnt his mouth on it once! I thought it had cooled off but the middle was still super hot!​

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Looks good, Thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks! Looks like a keeper recipe, I'll be trying it, we haven't been able to buy maple syrup in quite a while due to the high cost!

·
Super Moderator
19,761 Posts
Thanks! Why is there no thank you button on recipe posts?

I'm going to try this. Boughten syrup is so expensive and usually doesn't taste that good anyway. I've been trying to find something else for a while now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, this will definitely be cheaper than the Table syrup I bought yesterday for ds' sleepover breakfast.
Thanks!!

·
4,028 Posts
That looks like a good recipe. I might switch out the extract flavors for something nutty for a change of pace. :)

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,012 Posts
I make a simpler recipe, twice as much sugar as water, boil until sugar is dissolved, add maple flavor until desired color is reached.

Much better for you than the stuff with HFCS, or so my body tells me. I get a reaction to the store-bought stuff, not good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts