Time Needed:
Ingredients:
2 cups of flour

2 eggs

Pinch of salt​
Serves:
Directions:
Mix all ingredients.

Roll thin with flour, then roll like a jelly roll. Cut into thin strips.
Boil water, add noodles and cook for about 10-15 minutes.​

·
Registered
32 Posts
How long do you need to knead this dough?

When ever I have made my noodles, they turn out tough and rubbery :ack:
So, I am wondering if I am not kneading the dough enough.

Any ideas?

·
4,028 Posts
I don't knead my noodles very long but after I can form it into a ball, it gets wrapped in plastic and parked in the fridge for 30 mins min. I'll then take it out and roll it, fold it and roll it again. Tyler Florence (Food 911... I think) puts the pasta through the largest setting on the pasta roller 3 times before he starts rolling it thinner. It does make a difference.

I love homemade noodles though, :) I'll make a batch of dough and then use 4 oz (2 servings) at a time. It will keep in the fridge tightly wrapped for 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I've made the same noodles. I've never kneaded for very long, and I always just covered mine with a towel, and left on the counter for about 45 minutes. I usually mix in some garlic powder, parsley, or even some crushed red pepper, depending on what the noodles will be used in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you!
I have been doing some intense study on bread making (whole wheat), and I have learned about that "rest period" and now understand that even though it is not being worked, there is transformation happening at that time.
So, thank you. I will try it again.
I would like to get a pasta making machine... but I think I will have to wait and ask it as a Christmas present.

·
4,028 Posts
I have an old plastic pasta making machine and extruder. It's a hand crank and I was never satisfied with the dough it made. I might need to dig it out and see if it can handle my hm dough. I'm hoping it has a tubular die. I'll take pics if I can find it!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I love homemade pasta, and my old vintage pasta maker. It's wonderful to see so many make theirs as well. Thanks for posting your yummy recipe.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I remember my mom making noodles with the same recipe. She would mix the ingredients, roll out, cut and separate the noodles and lay them on a baking pan and cover them with a towel and they would 'dry' at room temperature for several hours. She always cooked them in broth made left over from roast or you can use the stock made from the leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass. Sometimes she'd even throw in some leftover cooked veggies she'd have from dinner (carrots, peas, green beans).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts