Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a soymilk maker a few years ago and it has saved us a TON of money.. we just make a basic one, soybeans, water, pinch of salt, a bit of sugar... but it is so beany tasting. If I reduce the amount of beans its watery. I love to use it in baking and stuff but if I want it in my coffee, its not so great. Just looking for a soymilk recipe that is more "Silk-like" I guess... I refuse to give up on making it- we got a 20 lb box of soybeans for $36 including shipping and it will last us I would guess 6 months.. thanks for any help! Oh and it makes raw nut milks, rice milk etc so if anyone has any recipes to share I would be so grateful.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I had a similar experience. I bought a soymilk maker years ago, but I just could not get the soymilk to taste right. Commercial soymilk does not taste beany to me, but all my tries at homemade did. I tried adding vanilla and other stuff to make it taste better. But it just tasted like beans with vanilla.

·
Super Moderator
1,958 Posts
You can get a quart of WestSoy soymilk at the dollar Tree for $1.00 - at that price I wouldn't bother making it at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts