Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking to have my ego stroked. . . I need honest answers.

This is what I"m planning for part of the "decoration" at the shower-- it's also part of my gift to Sarah and Jake. It's supposed to be a towel cake.

So -- does it work? Or should I take it apart, and just give them the towels?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I think it looks yummy LOL. i like it alot actually

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think it looks gorgeous...and delicious! Honestly, I would have loved to have something like that at my shower. It's really thoughtful and creative.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I saw the picture first and thought someone spent a lot of time on a very elaborate wedding cake. Then I saw your first line that it was made of towels. I had to go back and look at the picture again. I honestly thought it was a delicious looking wedding cake. I think it's beautiful and will look great as a centerpiece. Just let the guests know it's not edible. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a cute idea. My daughter had one made out of diapers into a cake for her baby shower a few years back. Very clever!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did go back and straightened the ribbon on the top "layer".

This was mostly frugal too-- the towels were on sale (more than half off), I got the silk flowers at Just Deals for $1, and the pearl strands from JoAnn's for .89. Not very expensive for double duty decoration/gift.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Impressive!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's GORGEOUS...here's my addy, just ship it to...oh, my bad. Sorry. Really, it's beautiful.

·
27,948 Posts
Rich luscious layers, looks beautiful Denise!

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I think its great. You did a wonderful job

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
You did a great job.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That's a beautiful cake Denise :D